Good 4x Logging Map

freddykr

Re: Good 4x Logging Map

Post by freddykr »

jasonbarron wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 3:47 pm Thanks for the recommendations Noraf and zegg67, I'll definitely look into both of those.

@UncleRico I'm currently on Elk Mountain and it is indeed a very detailed map. I absolutely love the mix of farming and forestry options. My only problem with it so far is that it sports the most outrageous amount of pop up and graphical glitches I've seen on any other map to date. Not sure what the issue is but vistas in the distance refuse to render until I'm practically on top of them. And that's running the game with a 4090 GPU and rizen 9 7850 x3d with 64 GBs RAM. I need to look into that and see what the problem is. Otherwise the map is heavenly. Can't believe the attention to detail on a map that size.
Elk Mountain has an issue with the Terrain Shader since one of the patches last year.
You have to copy the original terrainshader.xml from your installation directory to the map and replace this xml there.
jasonbarron

Post by jasonbarron »

freddykr wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:40 am
jasonbarron wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 3:47 pm Thanks for the recommendations Noraf and zegg67, I'll definitely look into both of those.

@UncleRico I'm currently on Elk Mountain and it is indeed a very detailed map. I absolutely love the mix of farming and forestry options. My only problem with it so far is that it sports the most outrageous amount of pop up and graphical glitches I've seen on any other map to date. Not sure what the issue is but vistas in the distance refuse to render until I'm practically on top of them. And that's running the game with a 4090 GPU and rizen 9 7850 x3d with 64 GBs RAM. I need to look into that and see what the problem is. Otherwise the map is heavenly. Can't believe the attention to detail on a map that size.
Elk Mountain has an issue with the Terrain Shader since one of the patches last year.
You have to copy the original terrainshader.xml from your installation directory to the map and replace this xml there.
That sounds helpful, thanks for pointing that out. I am not what you would call "technologically advanced." Would you be so kind as to explain how this would be done or point me to a guide please?

Edit: Never mind, I figured it out. It worked like a charm, big BIG thank you for the suggestion.
jasonbarron

Post by jasonbarron »

Noraf wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 4:36 pm Download on the modhub :)

Also, just a fyi, yes there are "ghost" buildings there. They are placed where there will come new buildings as the Buildings of norway pack gets updated. Two reasons for this : so you don't need a new savegame to get the new buildings, and so you know where they will pop up, and not get supriced with someone suddenly having build a farm inside yours :)

Can be removed a few ways, i recommend just buying the land, and sell them, then sell the land again, if they bother you. I just let them be, not a big issue here.
Finally downloaded the map and assorted mods that go with it. Looks very beautiful with a ton of options but those ghost buildings are everywhere haha. If you hadn't said something I'd have been convinced that there was a conflict somewhere.
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Yeah, that's why i try to remember to always mention that, so people are aware
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
jasonbarron

Post by jasonbarron »

Noraf wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:54 am Yeah, that's why i try to remember to always mention that, so people are aware
Where do you sell wood in Rennebu? I see that ther's a sawmill but no listing for wood at all in the "Prices" menu.
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Should be down at the sawmill
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...