working farm map editing

Yarmanriver

working farm map editing

Post by Yarmanriver »

Hi,
Is there a way to edit a working farm map, I would like to remove some buildings and edit backdrop.
blue_painted

Re: working farm map editing

Post by blue_painted »

Yarmanriver wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 5:45 pm Hi,
Is there a way to edit a working farm map, I would like to remove some buildings and edit backdrop.
If you are on PC (or on Mac but have access to PC) then yes - you can use GIANTS Editor (see https://gdn.giants-software.com/) to make private edits. It might look daunting at first, but if you keep a backup (or a series of backups) you can't go far wrong.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
Yarmanriver

Post by Yarmanriver »

blue_painted wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 6:13 pm
If you are on PC (or on Mac but have access to PC) then yes - you can use GIANTS Editor (see https://gdn.giants-software.com/) to make private edits. It might look daunting at first, but if you keep a backup (or a series of backups) you can't go far wrong.
Many thanks I have a PC and have migrated from 40-plus years on flight sim in development 3d modeling and flying and just starting to develop for FS. I was casually playing with 17 on encouragement from a flight sim user when I was on 3rd party support and started casually with 22 about 2 years ago. Now I don't flight sim anymore as the new sim is just plain boring and in general the genre has nose-dived. My Blender is loaded with Giants i3d tools and already started several projects.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

Yarmanriver wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 8:04 pm
blue_painted wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 6:13 pm
Many thanks I have a PC and have migrated from 40-plus years on flight sim in development 3d modeling and flying and just starting to develop for FS. I was casually playing with 17 on encouragement from a flight sim user when I was on 3rd party support and started casually with 22 about 2 years ago. Now I don't flight sim anymore as the new sim is just plain boring and in general the genre has nose-dived. My Blender is loaded with Giants i3d tools and already started several projects.
Then you are good to go.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads