FS22 Mouse and Xbox controller disconnecting

PupMcP

FS22 Mouse and Xbox controller disconnecting

Post by PupMcP »

Hey Everyone,

I've read through the various performance issues listed on these forums and in other places, but wanted to make my own and bounce some ideas to fix off of people

The Issue: The game runs fairly smoothly at 80-110fps (I've unlocked the frame rate), with very occasional frame freezes. When I'm doing things like terrain shaping, painting surfaces or harvesting fields, my bluetooth mouse and XBox controller disconnect then reconnect regularly, and the mouse cursor on the screen, both in game and in Windows with the game running in the background is not smooth, sometimes it gets to a point where the mouse isn't usable. This never happens when the game isn't running, and never happened when I first started playing around 6 months ago. In that playthrough I built up a large farm on the Erlengrat map with multiple fields, machines, animals etc. The only thing that has changed since I previously played is that I've moved all games to their own dedicated SSD, and I've upgraded my monitor to a 4k capable one, even though I still play FS22 in 1080p, with draw distances and detail percentages turned up to around 170%. Windows task manager reports CPU at around 12% and RAM at around 20% with the game running in the background, however my GPU (RTX 3060i) is running at around 90%. I do also have NVidia Broadcast and OBS running in the background which seems to use up about 12% amount of GPU processing, and I am recording video at the same time as playing (saving to a different SSD to the game), although the disconnect happens regardless of recording.

The issue happens when I start harvesting my first fields (so minimal machines and buildings on the map), and I've tested it on two different maps (both mod maps).

My computer spec:
ASUS Tuf Gaming x570 Wifi
Ryzen 5800X
32gb 3600mhz RAM
RTX 3060Ti
2TB NVME SSD partitioned separately for Games and Data. 1TB NVME SSD for OS and apps (my video recordings are saved to this drive)

I'm wondering if I need to upgrade my GPU to handle Nvidia Broadcast and the game at the same time, but I don't see how GPU running high percentage would make the mouse / controller disconnect. Another thought I've had is that the throughput of my motherboard isn't sufficient to handle the game and video recording at the same time and stops communicating with bluetooth temporarily when there is too much data to handle. All my drivers and firmware are up to date.

Hopefully someone can provide some insight... short of picking up a new GPU / Mobo to test, I don't know what to do.

Thanks
PupMcP

Re: FS22 Mouse and Xbox controller disconnecting

Post by PupMcP »

I think I may have fixed it... The issue seemed to be that bluetooth can't handle my Xbox controller and mouse at the same time, Of course when FS isn't running I'm not using my controller, so the mouse navigates smoothly. Luckily my mouse also has a receiver so I connected it using that and the issue disappeared instantly, the mouse scrolls around perfectly smoothly, and no disconnects from either so far. I'll continue to test this evening and report back