How do you learn how to play this game?

rogersarmiento

How do you learn how to play this game?

Post by rogersarmiento »

I spend more time trying (and failing) to find information about how to play this game online. What does each piece of equipment do? What the f*** do all those icons mean? What's all that stuff on the ground? How do I get rid of stuff on the ground? What am I supposed to do to plant stuff?

I have literally tons of questions, and there are seemingly no answers anywhere. I'd honestly be happy if I could find a resource that would explain the tools/equipment/vehicles and the variations and why I might care or want different things for different purposes.

Honestly, I feel like I need to have an agricultural degree just to play this game.

Edit: Thank you to everyone being helpful to my city slicker problems. It seems there are a few answers consisting popping up so I'm going to list them here for future reference.

General Tutorials: Helpful for learning the farming basics. What steps can/must be done for various products, quick explanations of most menus in game, and various other helpful beginner tips BUT NO REAL INFORMATION OR EXPLANATIONS

The intro tutorial

The in-game help menu

Farming Simulator Academy

YouTubers: Lots of more detailed tutorials and ways to accomplish problems. However, due to the format, most have limited information other than their explicit video subject. Often, they focus on mechanics that are specific to the game rather than explaining things.

Arthur Chapman @vbluguitar

MrSealyP

Daggerwin

DJGoHam

Farming Cop

Help! I Bought a Farm

Research Actual Farming: Many pointed out that this is, in fact, a farming simulator. As such, a wide breadth of it can be understood by understanding actual farming methods and equipment. This is probably the only way to get referencable, detailed, and meaningful information about various equipment.

Experiment: This seemed to be the most common answer. Unlike researching, many pointed out this is, in fact, a simulator (ie, you can fu** it up safely), so try something new. This makes trying to have one beginning save difficult, and thoroughly hampers your (or at least my) playing experience at first. Supposedly, it gets better though.

I was hoping someone might have a wiki page with a list of all the tools and vehicles in the game and an explanation (my main gripe with this game is trying to figure out all the dang tools), but alas, that seems to not exist, much like most other detailed and useful information for this game (and yes, I am saying that after reading all the comments. No amount of posting a link to the farming simulator academy will change the fact that it is wildly lacking on any real information beyond basics).
Urinal2001

Re: How do you learn how to play this game?

Post by Urinal2001 »

I will confess im slightly confused, as your edit says 'thanks to everyone who has helped' yet this is your first post here (unless you have more than one account) and nobody has replied.

Either way!....

There are plenty of people here who can help, but your original question is pretty broad and difficult to answer without writing entire pages. So how about this... do you have any specific questions?
Guil

Post by Guil »

Just play the game. It's impossible to learn everything in it without playing.
BC144601

Post by BC144601 »

rogersarmiento wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 6:43 am I spend more time trying (and failing) to find information about how to play this game online. What does each piece of equipment do? What the f*** do all those icons mean? What's all that stuff on the ground? How do I get rid of stuff on the ground? What am I supposed to do to plant stuff?

I have literally tons of questions, and there are seemingly no answers anywhere. I'd honestly be happy if I could find a resource that would explain the tools/equipment/vehicles and the variations and why I might care or want different things for different purposes.

Honestly, I feel like I need to have an agricultural degree just to play this game.

Edit: Thank you to everyone being helpful to my city slicker problems. It seems there are a few answers consisting popping up so I'm going to list them here for future reference.

General Tutorials: Helpful for learning the farming basics. What steps can/must be done for various products, quick explanations of most menus in game, and various other helpful beginner tips BUT NO REAL INFORMATION OR EXPLANATIONS
My name is BC I stream on twitch, I stream Farming Simulator 22 most days and nights, if you have the time stop by and I'll do my best to answer all your questions and show you what you want to know in real time on stream because a picture or video is worth a thousand words.
There's no need to follow just stop by and if I'm not streaming Farming Simulator 22 when you stop by I'll switch games and we'll get you farming in no time.
When on twitch look for BC144601, look forward to talking to you my fellow arm chair farmer.
ltl.vamp

Post by ltl.vamp »

I tested in FS17 over 400 hours everything before I even try to run a farm ... and still testing new mods an features. Testing will never ends, but I run many farms over the time.
Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One X, Xbox One
FS17 Platinum > FS19 Premium > FS15 Complete > FS22
Samsung UE65MU8009TX 4KUHDHDR
JensChrDK

Post by JensChrDK »

Maybe do a lot of different contracts to get a basic feel for the game.
Been playing WAAAAY to many hours - PC with Logitech G27 and Thrustmaster Simtask Farmstick
Cokey

Post by Cokey »

Id suggest looking up some fs17 tutorials, the game was a bit simpler then and because it was a fresher game there were lots of first time players recording. All the basic principles carry over to the newer game
PupMcP

Post by PupMcP »

I felt the same when I first started playing. Youtube was my go to learning resource, and I learnt by watching other people play and talk about it. IT was a fun experience, and I'm now trying to make the game more interesting using mods (Precision Farming, More Contract Options, Advanced Maintenance, More realistic animals etc.

You'll pick it up if you stick with it, and will eventually be looking for more challenges
Wolf Farming

Post by Wolf Farming »

Maybe a multiplayer player server can help talk to the host say your new to the game you've no experience with any previous fs game I'm sure there's probably servers for newbies they might be able to guide through the basics I learned a lot from watching Daggerwin back on fs15 his videos taught me pretty much everything from plowing to animal care
Steam: Grey Wolf
Pc only
Farming simulator 15,17,19,22
Currently playing: court farm
Fav tractor: challenger John Deere