[FS17] Feedback

FS2015 Nick

Re: [FS17] Feedback

Post by FS2015 Nick »

Mattman wrote:
b101uk wrote:out of interest which map is the second map in FS17, given

is it Bjornholm or Sosnovka updated to FS17 or something else still under wraps? :hmm:

I think its sosnovka
I am interested too. They have shown a good amount of the new map already and I think it looks great! I wonder what the other map is going to be.
texasplowboy

Post by texasplowboy »

Giants created this wonderful thread to get feedback for FS17 . But why aren't they answering or even confirming the features someone has posted in this thread ? The other devs from some of the upcoming farm sim games are answering questions and sharing features! We don't have much to go on to preorder FS17 on the official page. It would be nice to get what equipment and at least some of the features of the game.
b101uk

Post by b101uk »

Giants have only replied 3 short times in the German FS17 feedback thread, and that's at 26 pages long! I am sure they are reading the English one though, also it wouldn't surprise me if a few are on family holidays etc, as its that time of year.
plays FS15/FS17/FS19/FS22 on PC
:zunge:
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

b101uk wrote:
BigC92 wrote:I didnt know "now a day" tractors had that inflate/deflate option, thats cool. I know semis have them.
the first tractors to have CTIS as a factory option that I recall were Unimog and MB-Trac starting in about 1988/89, but it was a very expensive option back then in comparison to now.

it probably wouldn't surprise me either if some soviet articulated tractors has CTIS early on too before 1988, as many of the heavy axles used on soviet all wheel drive military trucks has CTIS long before it was common on western military trucks and heavy axles, even old Zetors and Ursus had air compressors and even air trailer brakes long before the likes JD, MF, Fendt, CASE, NH, Fiat etc etc.
So its not really a new thing so to speak.
Lord_Beelzebub

Post by Lord_Beelzebub »

Mattman wrote:people need to realize that its not just about the graphics. everyone is getting all worked up saying its like 15 and I disagree. look deeper into it. lots of new features like:

The menu has gotten 12 new graphics settings.
Your character (male or female) can wear different clothes. You can also name them.
Helpers are more intelligent. They detect obstacles. They also refill fuel and seed.A message appears on the screen when the helper has stopped or is finished (like Courseplay).
Lights (including blinkers) have been massively improved.
The number of dynamic lights is massively increased.
Vehicle lights will stay on if you leave the vehicle.
Engine sounds have been massively improved.
There are 3 different fertilization levels - Each level increases yield with 30 %.Plowing is necessary after every 3rd harvest to get an increase in yield (10 %).
Oil reddish as green manure / cover crop.
Seeds and fertilizers comes on pallets (some say Big Bags) that can be transported.
Sowing machines can be filled from Big Bags, using a pallet fork.Train and train station cranes are operable.
Objects like tree trunks, bales and pallets can be secured during transport using straps.Small objects below a certain weight can be picked up and moved by the character.
Tires deform more or less depending on the load.
Default vehicles are multi fruit capable.Manual ignition and "Stop & Go Pedal".
Animals now have to be supplied with water.You have to clean up after your animals.Animals reproduce (if they are happy).When you buy animals, you can have them delivered (at a cost) or transport them yourself.You can transport the animals using the new Joskin RDS 7500 Betimax.
You’ll be able to customize the vehicles prior to buying them. Customization options depends on the brand. E.g. Valtra Taktor T Series: color, engine, front loader. The Fendt 939: twin wheels, wide tires, wheel weights.Vehicle customization after purchase can be performed a workshop.
You can lease machines for 1/10 of the regular price.
looks amazing at night
Silo capacities are limited. More silos can be purchased.
Other new placeable objects are workshops (some also mention water towers and barns).Synchronization in multiplayer significantly accelerated.Grass and trees look much more realistic and better (no more hexagonal trunks).
Mixed Ration can now be bought.
There is a new small wood chipper

The content / features of the console and PC version are exactly the same.

these pictures show the night in farming simulator 17! its way better than 15.
https://image.giants-software.com/1/T2pXbgS3.jpg
https://image.giants-software.com/1/XQEKYhVp.jpg

Nice list of features, sadly I play on PS4 and I'm sure I won't get all these.
FS2015 Nick

Post by FS2015 Nick »

Lord_Beelzebub wrote:
Mattman wrote:people need to realize that its not just about the graphics. everyone is getting all worked up saying its like 15 and I disagree. look deeper into it. lots of new features like:

Your character (male or female) can wear different clothes. You can also name them.
Helpers are more intelligent. They detect obstacles. They also refill fuel and seed.A message appears on the screen when the helper has stopped or is finished (like Courseplay).
There are 3 different fertilization levels - Each level increases yield with 30 %.Plowing is necessary after every 3rd harvest to get an increase in yield (10 %).
Seeds and fertilizers comes on pallets (some say Big Bags) that can be transported.
Sowing machines can be filled from Big Bags, using a pallet fork.Train and train station cranes are operable.
Objects like tree trunks, bales and pallets can be secured during transport using straps.Small objects below a certain weight can be picked up and moved by the character.
Animals now have to be supplied with water.You have to clean up after your animals.Animals reproduce (if they are happy).When you buy animals, you can have them delivered (at a cost) or transport them yourself.You can transport the animals using the new Joskin RDS 7500 Betimax.
You’ll be able to customize the vehicles prior to buying them. Customization options depends on the brand. E.g. Valtra Taktor T Series: color, engine, front loader. The Fendt 939: twin wheels, wide tires, wheel weights.Vehicle customization after purchase can be performed a workshop.
looks amazing at night
Other new placeable objects are workshops (some also mention water towers and barns).Synchronization in multiplayer significantly accelerated.Grass and trees look much more realistic and better (no more hexagonal trunks).

I am extremely excited now. There are so many new great features. Many things have been inproved apon. I can't wait for Farming Simulator 17 to come out!
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Lord_Beelzebub wrote:

looks amazing at night

Look at the last line after the features."The content / features of the consoles and pc version are exactly the same", so therefore we get everything the pc people get.
farmerjacoby

Post by farmerjacoby »

Well i hope it's not sosnovka, it looked too drab, architecturally and geographically. it's nice to farm in good looking places, maybe montana or the cotswolds would be great!
Mattman

Post by Mattman »

Lord_Beelzebub wrote:

looks amazing at night

dkshadow9498

Post by dkshadow9498 »

RE: Mods on Console

Been a PC user since FS11, but as I see mods will be available, I am considering XB1.

But I have a question, will we have to go to a central repository for mods (like the mod section of farming-simulator.com), or will we be able to download mods from anywhere (like modhub and fs-uk)?

Thanks.
Lamborghini

Post by Lamborghini »

dkshadow9498 wrote:RE: Mods on Console

Been a PC user since FS11, but as I see mods will be available, I am considering XB1.

But I have a question, will we have to go to a central repository for mods (like the mod section of farming-simulator.com), or will we be able to download mods from anywhere (like modhub and fs-uk)?

Thanks.
For sure mods on consoles will be downloadable on a modhub specifical for xbox one/ps4
I think only mods from official website will be downloadable
Danny844

Post by Danny844 »

W1der wrote:
Danny844 wrote:To me it just looks very similar to the current FS, not many changes by the looks of it. I'll wait to see what else they show but if it's very similar with few changes I will not be buying it this year, I will stay on the current game until things move along more.
Have you not been paying attention!? :confusednew: :mrgreen:
No please enlighten me. I watched the video and seen little changes. I will wait to see what more it will show in the coming weeks but I wouldn't get your hopes up.
dkshadow9498

Post by dkshadow9498 »

Lamborghini wrote:
dkshadow9498 wrote:RE: Mods on Console

Thanks.
For sure mods on consoles will be downloadable on a modhub specifical for xbox one/ps4
I think only mods from official website will be downloadable
That's my thinking as well, which may end up driving me to stay with the PC version.
agp8x

Post by agp8x »

Information about mods on Consoles was asked at the Farmcon, we will be informed soon.
What would be "bad" about only the official website as source for mods? It's rather easy to put mods there, even if they are not perfect (in the Beta section).
Valhalla

Post by Valhalla »

First Post, I Will start to contribute is this great and promissory game.

- Graphics - I´m seeing a great step forward in graphics, not in the machines, in the other objects, like barns, tree and buildings. That is great, I aways thought the relation was disproportionate and low in details and immersion.
- Light Effects - Thats is a weak point in FS15, the shadows, the light... is so bad and irrealistic, now I can see some volumetric light, very best shadows, more realism, more soft. The sun will move in the Sky?
- Performance - Only playing to know... But FS15 don't use the maximum power of PCs, I expect FS17 to use. I see a distance view more realistic, more soft, without sudden changes.
- Immersion - Caracteres, workers... people, faces... FS15, is you alone in a great map... We need Realism, imersion, I see some of that, is encouraging.
- Inerface and PDA - I Hope to see soon, this is very important... another weak point in FS15.

And I know that the game will have a lot of improvement on other things .. but I just looked at the photos.

That is my first impression. I Hope to see more.
Last edited by Valhalla on Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.