[FS17] Feedback

FS2015 Nick

Re: My Questions and Ideas

Post by FS2015 Nick »

I said before if we would be able to decouple and couple cars on the different trains. It would be nice to be able to because then we could leave rolling stock on different parts of the railway and we could then just progressivly load or unload them. Another idea that I had was to be able to sound the horn, if the locomotive chosen is a Diesel locomotive. A very universal locomotive to choose for the driveable one is a GP38-2. It is a 2 axle per truck or a 4 axle in all Diesel locomotive. It is small and it can be used for mainline service as well as switching almost anywhere!

One of my questions is how do we get the trains when we first start a new savegame? Are they there already or do we have to buy them in some way?

I hope that you would take these into consideration.
cpu_m_rossi

Re: [FS17] Feedback

Post by cpu_m_rossi »

Danny844 wrote:Please say they have added more functions to the hired workers, you couldn't get them anymore basic right now if you tried, we need them to do more things like taking crops to silos, emptying harvesters, whatever you can do the hired worker should be able to do, that is why we hire them. W shouldn't have to rely on courseplay, i've tried it and sometimes it doesn't work, they get stuck etc.

Take the money spinner out of the game which is growing corn and taking it to biogas plant for silage and then receiving near to £800,000. The biggest thing of all is more content in the game, we want things to spend money on so add in other debts to pay, mortgage, house insurance, maintenance costs, shopping. Add in more buildings to place or buy. I find it very frustrating how you can amass a fortune of money and have nothing to do with it, you want us to make millions? Then take it away from us in other areas of the game.
there are other ways to make a lot of money in FS15 as well such as cows and planting trees. I get 100 grand a day from my cows and 4 pallets of full grown trees gets you a 1.3 million profit but more to the point what does it matter how someone makes their money in FS? how does that affect your game? don't want to turn corn into silage fine then don't! the game isn't forcing you.
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

cpu_m_rossi wrote:
Danny844 wrote:Please say they have added more functions to the hired workers, you couldn't get them anymore basic right now if you tried, we need them to do more things like taking crops to silos, emptying harvesters, whatever you can do the hired worker should be able to do, that is why we hire them. W shouldn't have to rely on courseplay, i've tried it and sometimes it doesn't work, they get stuck etc.

Take the money spinner out of the game which is growing corn and taking it to biogas plant for silage and then receiving near to £800,000. The biggest thing of all is more content in the game, we want things to spend money on so add in other debts to pay, mortgage, house insurance, maintenance costs, shopping. Add in more buildings to place or buy. I find it very frustrating how you can amass a fortune of money and have nothing to do with it, you want us to make millions? Then take it away from us in other areas of the game.
there are other ways to make a lot of money in FS15 as well such as cows and planting trees. I get 100 grand a day from my cows and 4 pallets of full grown trees gets you a 1.3 million profit but more to the point what does it matter how someone makes their money in FS? how does that affect your game? don't want to turn corn into silage fine then don't! the game isn't forcing you.
Exactly, like you said, theirs a million different ways to make money in fs15, and the woodcutting added to that. Not to mention the great demand, thats another way to make money, i mean sure some of them isnt alot of money, but hey, its something right?
W1der

Post by W1der »

Making money and turning your small scale farm in to big scale farming is what this game is about ...
Changing things the way that has been suggested is just going to make the game "slower" ... nothing else ... and this is basically what you have the "hard" setting for today.

If you do not like big scale farming ... do not buy big scale farming vehicles and big fields ...

If changes should be made ... please go for other solutions than altering the "economics" ... !
Do it by giving the players more things to do ... and this is what we see with the new way the fertilizing has been set up ... *thumbsup*

I would rather see more "hard work" implemented in the game ...
Say ... you want to buy a field ... your first "problem to solve" could be clearing the field from obstacles like trees and big rocks ... then you would have to plow it to create the field (after your own liking) ... etc etc ...

All the "strategic games" I have ever played, finally comes to a "limit" where there is nothing more "challenging" for me to do ...
Then ... I start over ... and find other ways to go about it.
It is the nature of these type of games!

I have found myself enjoying the "landscaping" part of this game ...
Not using an editor to change the map ... only using what is available in the actual game ...
Planting trees ... joining fields ... planting grass on them ... creating new fields with the plow ... etc etc ...

It is basically only your imagination that sets the limits for how you are playing this game ...
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
Denhalen

Post by Denhalen »

According to new(er) information, the AI can be told to sell your crops at a set selling point. They can also be told where to fill the implement with seed or fertilizer/slurry/manure. They are more intelligent in avoiding obstacles and can now work better on not fully square fields. I wonder if they now also can mow the grass fields.
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

W1der wrote:Making money and turning your small scale farm in to big scale farming is what this game is about ...
Changing things the way that has been suggested is just going to make the game "slower" ... nothing else ... and this is basically what you have the "hard" setting for today.

If you do not like big scale farming ... do not buy big scale farming vehicles and big fields ...

If changes should be made ... please go for other solutions than altering the "economics" ... !
Do it by giving the players more things to do ... and this is what we see with the new way the fertilizing has been set up ... *thumbsup*

I would rather see more "hard work" implemented in the game ...
Say ... you want to buy a field ... your first "problem to solve" could be clearing the field from obstacles like trees and big rocks ... then you would have to plow it to create the field (after your own liking) ... etc etc ...

All the "strategic games" I have ever played, finally comes to a "limit" where there is nothing more "challenging" for me to do ...
Then ... I start over ... and find other ways to go about it.
It is the nature of these type of games!

I have found myself enjoying the "landscaping" part of this game ...
Not using an editor to change the map ... only using what is available in the actual game ...
Planting trees ... joining fields ... planting grass on them ... creating new fields with the plow ... etc etc ...

It is basically only your imagination that sets the limits for how you are playing this game ...
I agree with you on that, its all about strategy.
W1der

Reputation ...

Post by W1der »

I find the new "reputation" feature interesting ... this is something that can be developed even more in the future ...

Just playing with this idea in my head ...
Helping your fellow farmers and other things where YOU contribute to others will make the rep go up ... (as I understand it, this will be implemented in FS17 in some way).
But failing with doing this could also cause your rep to go down ... :shock:

There could be different kind of "reputations" ...

How about a "work horse" feature ... where your manual work gets rewarded.
Doing manual work will get you some kind of rewards, unlocking features in the game ... or similar.
This way using help (or actually avoiding using it) would suddenly get a bigger purpose than just saving some cash ... *thumbsup*

... just a thought.
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
Decker_MMIV

Post by Decker_MMIV »

Denhalen wrote:According to new(er) information, the AI can be told to sell your crops at a set selling point. They can also be told where to fill the implement with seed or fertilizer/slurry/manure. [..]
I am a bit sceptic about the "AI can sell crops at selling point" and "where to fill implement", how it works in FS17. - Since GIANTS have not yet shown us exactly how it works, we should not 'dream up' things that could end up dissapointing.

My guess is that in FS17 the driving/navigation functionallity of the AI, would basically be the same as seen in the previous versions. - That is, the AI-hired-worker vehicle stays within the borders of the field, and then magically (possibly by teleportation) can receive seeds from a 'source' which is now choosen by the player (farm-silo, farm-shop or use-from-tank). And similar with a harvester, where the AI-hired-worker controlled combine stays within the field boundaries, but magically/teleportation can send the harvested grains to a player defined 'destination' (farm-silo, selling-point or keep-in-tank).

Hopefully some of the future 'dev-blogs' from GIANTS will enlighten us.
ninus17

Post by ninus17 »

Decker_MMIV wrote:
Denhalen wrote:According to new(er) information, the AI can be told to sell your crops at a set selling point. They can also be told where to fill the implement with seed or fertilizer/slurry/manure. [..]
I am a bit sceptic about the "AI can sell crops at selling point" and "where to fill implement", how it works in FS17. - Since GIANTS have not yet shown us exactly how it works, we should not 'dream up' things that could end up dissapointing.

My guess is that in FS17 the driving/navigation functionallity of the AI, would basically be the same as seen in the previous versions. - That is, the AI-hired-worker vehicle stays within the borders of the field, and then magically (possibly by teleportation) can receive seeds from a 'source' which is now choosen by the player (farm-silo, farm-shop or use-from-tank). And similar with a harvester, where the AI-hired-worker controlled combine stays within the field boundaries, but magically/teleportation can send the harvested grains to a player defined 'destination' (farm-silo, selling-point or keep-in-tank).

Hopefully some of the future 'dev-blogs' from GIANTS will enlighten us.
i think it will work a little bit like fs16 on the mobile platforms. when you drive a combine you can honk the horn and a worker will automaticly get hired in a tractor you have near to the field and drive over to you to empty the combine and when the trailer on the worker is full the worker will automaticly drive to the silo to empty. as for seeds, fuel and fertilizer when the worker is empty (or with fuel close to empty) it will automaticly drive away from the field to fill up and drive back to the field to resume from the point where he stopped :)
playing on pc
Danny844

Post by Danny844 »

cpu_m_rossi wrote:

What does it matter? It matter because there is a lack of things in the game to spend money on. Ok fine, you can make alot of money other ways if that is the case what is the point of money? It has no value in the game or very little. You don't go through life mounting your money up and not spend it do you? Then why should it be any different in a simulator. I'm not saying anyone was forcing me to make money through corn into silage, I'm merely pointing out the flaws of the game. Enjoy your farming.
Danny844

Post by Danny844 »

Denhalen wrote:

According to new(er) information, the AI can be told to sell your crops at a set selling point. They can also be told where to fill the implement with seed or fertilizer/slurry/manure. They are more intelligent in avoiding obstacles and can now work better on not fully square fields. I wonder if they now also can mow the grass fields.
Oh well I'm glad to hear about that, I hope it happens because the AI needed an upgrade desperately. I really hope they can mow grass fields also, i've wanted them to do that for awhile.
W1der

Post by W1der »

I am thinking like this ...

When/if the hired work performs "to good" ... what am I supposed to do!?
Newholland T8

Post by Newholland T8 »

Since mods for console are now a reality, does anyone have any ideas wether I'll be able to get new maps like cold borough park farm or John Deere mods? Or would John Deere be a licensing issue with Microsoft?
If it’s not blue then it just won’t do!
Danny844

Post by Danny844 »

W1der wrote:I am thinking like this ...

Don't hire them or do another job? You can't possible do every job in the game yourself, hiring workers whether "to good" or not will not stop the job you are doing.
W1der

Post by W1der »

Danny844 wrote:
W1der wrote:I am thinking like this ...

Don't hire them or do another job? You can't possible do every job in the game yourself, hiring workers whether "to good" or not will not stop the job you are doing.
Well ...

As of now, I am hiring workers for everything they can do.
What if they could do everything!? :blushnew:

This is why I have not installed "course play" ...
As I se the game turning in to me setting that up ... and then just watch as "everything happens". :neutralnew: