Decicated server transfer?

gavin7840

Decicated server transfer?

Post by gavin7840 »

If i were to buy a dedicated server for Farm sim 15, would i be able to go on it then for when 17 comes out. As in go on the dedicated server on fs17 instead of fs 15 even though i bought it for fs 15?
JohnDeere318

Re: Decicated server transfer?

Post by JohnDeere318 »

No, you will have to buy it for FS17. If you go into the game folder you can make your own Dedicated server, but I would buy one instead. You would have to leave your computer on constantly and have two keys and two computers handy total.
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
Cajunwolf

Re: Decicated server transfer?

Post by Cajunwolf »

It depends on what you want to do, and, or how much bandwidth your ISP provides you, and you need a machine (server) with a lot of horsepower, metaphorically speaking. I have one set up for FS15 and can connect two of my machines on my LAN, or my brother can connect over the internet (the same for my youngest son), and I could have as many as 8 connecting at one time (or more) because my connection is 22mbps down and 6mbps up. You would need at least 1mbps up for anyone connecting over the internet to be able to play without some lag. I'm using a Dell R710 2U server with dual quad core Xeon's, 64mb of ram, 5 port gigabit LAN card, and 6 300gb SASS drives. I also run a BF42 & BF2 server off the same machine (thank you VM ware). I have AT&T with their modem going directly to my Cisco router, and my domain server takes over from there. I can do this because I contract my services (I'm a freelance programmer and DBA) to a large IT recycling company, and their clients are mainly in the oil and gas sectors, and the two largest engineering companies in the world. I trade services for some kewl equipment at times. My gaming machines are high end workstations like the Dell Precision T3500 with 6 core Xeon's, and the HP Z820 with duel 8 core Xeon's, and incredible professional graphics cards. I also have a UPS capable of keeping it all up and running in case of a power outage for about an hour and a half. Now if you can't do that, I suggest renting a server.