Attaching header to combine from trailer

uaknight

Attaching header to combine from trailer

Post by uaknight »

Hi!

I'm having a bit difficulties handling the attachment of combine headers to the combine, when attaching from a trailer.

After attaching and then trying to reverse the combine backwards, it sometimes get stuck on the trailer.

To show what I mean, I've made this video.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/621 ... roblem.avi

Here, on the farm yard, it actually succeeds on the first attempt, but when the combine is moved forwards again to the trailer, you can see the problem. When doing it out on the fields, this often happens on the first attempt.

So I wonder, am I missing something? The header is already in its lifted position and it doesn't seem to be possible to raise it further. Is there anything else I should do before attempting to reverse the combine?
Bernie_the_bike

Re: Attaching header to combine from trailer

Post by Bernie_the_bike »

Got the same Problems most of the time. I´m now pulling the Trailer sideways out with a tractor when the Header is lifted up.
Gute Erträge wünscht Bernie (PS4)
Straw-Walker

Post by Straw-Walker »

I had this problem. Ended up with the combine wedged on top of the trailer. I had to sell the trailer and try a different one. The Krone works fine but difficult to reverse.
Disk version, Update 1.4.4 on Win10 PC with Xbox controller.
http://www.g4mix.co.uk
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

Which combine? If it's the new holland I have the same problem,it's that combine which is at fault as the Massey works fine with the small trailer
uaknight

Post by uaknight »

Patrick73 wrote:Which combine? If it's the new holland I have the same problem,it's that combine which is at fault as the Massey works fine with the small trailer
It's the New Holland TC5.90. It's part of the setup of the Drumard Farm map. Here's a short video showing it getting stuck in the fields:

https://youtu.be/0gmWhr60aag

I did ask because I wasn't sure if I did some simple error when handling it. Apperently others also have difficulties doing this manouever. It looks like it's very sensitive how you approach the trailer. Sometimes it works on first attempt, sometimes you get stuck.
dno101

Post by dno101 »

Had this problem on chellington. Sometimes folding/unfolding or lifting/lowering header helped me
jenna_q

Post by jenna_q »

That is a common problem with some of the smaller and newer combines. The Massey ones if you unfold them first it tilts the front end up a little bit for more clearance. Also what you should be doing is being a little more careful when dropping the header onto the trailer. So when you go to put it on the trailer line it up then get a side look at it and you will notice when you drive that the trailer is pushing up on the combine. If you drive too far over it, the combine will kind of fall over it, this is when you are stuck and you may need to reset the trailer. What you want to do is just set the header on the trailer before it goes to far, and at times it may sort of fall into proper place, but still allow you to get it off. This however doesn't seem to be an issue with the larger Case or New Holland combines as they hold the header higher.
"In the midst of chaos, there is also opportunity." Sun Tzu, The Art of War
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

Thanks Jenna_q that is where I was going wrong...I will have a test
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

I've found a way around on that one.

When the header is stuck.
Lower the header. That lifts the front axle of the combine.
Dirve forwards, climb on the trailer. Stop. Raise the header.
Turn the wheels right or left till the lock.
Drive backwords. Viola...
PS5 / FS22
Fordson

Post by Fordson »

A workaround for this problem is to attach the header to the combine, lift it up and stay this way. Then use a tractor to pull out the trailer from under the header.
LS17, what else?
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

Jenna_q's method works perfect as described above....if you push the header on too far it drops and that's when it sticks. Just tried it myself and all you have to do is go up to the trailer until it touches then detach