New to modding need help

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
farmerlad123

New to modding need help

Post by farmerlad123 »

Hi

I have been playing this game for a while but only recently started to mod, so after watching youtube video and trying out things and understanding how it works I wanted to edit one map that I have been playing for a bit as there was things I just didn't like and I come a cross a problem when trying to load the map, just staying on loading game map :confusednew: , now I can overcome this problem with starting new career but don't want to if I can help.

I edited this map a far bit, moving object ading stuff and was working fine on save carrer until I deleted a field to create 1 bigger I know it works fine when I start new career but why it won't load old carrer, can I edit anything?

Before anyone ask this is for personal use only.

Thanks in advance
juf.de

Re: New to modding need help

Post by juf.de »

Whenever you change a field, edit where grass growth etc you have to start a new savegame, as the fruitdensity.gdm saves the planted fruits and grass.
Only objects like Buildiongs, fences and so on are save if you want to continue your old savegame.
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
farmerlad123

Post by farmerlad123 »

Ok little update, I edited the Economy file in save game as the field NCPindex wasn't matching and I can load this game, but the texture is bit different, so I have grass sticking on top of plowed ground
farmerlad123

Post by farmerlad123 »

juf.de wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:24 pm Whenever you change a field, edit where grass growth etc you have to start a new savegame, as the fruitdensity.gdm saves the planted fruits and grass.
Only objects like Buildiongs, fences and so on are save if you want to continue your old savegame.
Thanks for advice, managed to load the game now but I guess this fruitdensity.gdm causing problem with the textures ect. now, is there anyway to edit the GDM file or will it work if I replaced it with new save game one? not bother about the old fields just the progress that I have made. There is low of straw bales ect. i would like to keep from older map.
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

in that case its easier to start a new savegame and copy the careerSavegame.xml, economy.xml and vehicles.xml over to the new savegame.
Create a new savegame, save it ones, go back to the main menu and then copy over the above mentioned files.
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
farmerlad123

Post by farmerlad123 »

juf.de wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:31 pm in that case its easier to start a new savegame and copy the careerSavegame.xml, economy.xml and vehicles.xml over to the new savegame.
Create a new savegame, save it ones, go back to the main menu and then copy over the above mentioned files.
Thanks also just tried my own of copying the all the GDM/GMSS/CACH fiels from new save game to old, and it worked, loaded everything fine now, just need to edit back which field I owned, the only different thing I got left compare to my old save game is crops on each field but that is not a problem. Hmm works both ways :biggrin2:

Hope to build my own map soon but just never realized how much work and time you have to put in to create a map, hats of to anyone how makes them.

Also just last question, when I press ESC then save game play then quit I need to click few times before it quits the game, any idea what's wrong?
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

without the log i can't tell
when edit a map or vehicles, always check the log in the Giantseditor (it's called console)
and when you do ingame tests always check the log, to do that while ingame, navigate to the FarmingSimulator2017 folder, where your mod folder is in. there you open the game.xml with notepad++ (not the notepad provided by microsoft), and change the following from "false" to "true", from now on you can check the log with the key "^", left of the "1":

Code: Select all

<development>
     <controls>false</controls>
</development>
And remember: make backups, if a change, even small worked, backup it, so in case in a future change you f*cked up, you don't have to start all over again.
Playing on PC
farmerlad123

Post by farmerlad123 »

ok sorted I removed some fully animated gates but there was still something left at each, not sure if it wasn't Collision Box or something like that, when I checked log files I had a lot of
Error: index out of range
LUA call stack:

with description under pointed to gates, everything sorted now, thank you for pointing about the development tools.
farmerlad123

Post by farmerlad123 »

Still having problem with couple of objects, they not causing game crashes or anything but still visible in game log, nothing else left, could this be down to double or triple objects in same location? only asking as did copy some games using ctrl-d then past using interactive placement but I had to move slightly so i think it just copied gate in to same location.

Error: Adding onCreate loaded object with duplicate saveId AnimatedObject_visable_gate3
Error: Adding onCreate loaded object with duplicate saveId AnimatedObject_visable_gate3
Error: Adding onCreate loaded object with duplicate saveId AnimatedObject_visable_gate500
Error: Adding onCreate loaded object with duplicate saveId AnimatedObject_visable_gate600
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

open die i3d file with notepad++, you probably copy-pasted these objects so they got the same save-id, you will have to manually change that.
Same for the index out if range, you will have to change that manually too. There are not as many tutorials out there for this kind of problem, yet you should still find some
I'm not sure, but would start to look for a tutorial over at fs-uk

Objects with functions tend to cause errors, when simply duplicated, so be carefull, when handling those.
Playing on PC
farmerlad123

Post by farmerlad123 »

juf.de wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:27 pm open die i3d file with notepad++, you probably copy-pasted these objects so they got the same save-id, you will have to manually change that.
Same for the index out if range, you will have to change that manually too. There are not as many tutorials out there for this kind of problem, yet you should still find some
I'm not sure, but would start to look for a tutorial over at fs-uk

Objects with functions tend to cause errors, when simply duplicated, so be carefull, when handling those.
Index out of range is sorted now I belive this was down to when I resize gate not all of it was highlighted , also found all them double gates, didn't realize if I copy that object it will have same ID, need to watch video how to on animated objects next.

Thank you for your help
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

You are welcome, glad you figured that out, as i wouldn't be able to help you any further :D
Playing on PC
farmerlad123

Post by farmerlad123 »

juf.de wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:33 am You are welcome, glad you figured that out, as i wouldn't be able to help you any further :D
Your help was spot on, took me over 10h today to learn most of the stuff that I was doing today, editing vehicles(simple stuff like enlarging pick up on balers so it won't miss straw, adding steerable axle to trailers) editing map, deleting and building new fields so they work as they should and the problematic animated objects :biggrin2: , to some it might be simple stuff but there is lots of it when you just start.

Need to learn how to move and edit animal zones, there is something I am doing wrong if I when want to edit the Navigation Mesh just can get it at the moment :confusednew:
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

Each animal type has its own navmesh and each animal can only have one navmesh. All animal specific triggers must be at the navmesh, like water trough and grass trough, also you musn't change the way, the husbandry TG is made in the GiantsEditor, leave it the way it is, just move the items in it on the map and adjust the navmesh, no cut-pasting, no copy-pasting, then everything should work fine.
Playing on PC
farmerlad123

Post by farmerlad123 »

juf.de wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:21 am Each animal type has its own navmesh and each animal can only have one navmesh. All animal specific triggers must be at the navmesh, like water trough and grass trough, also you musn't change the way, the husbandry TG is made in the GiantsEditor, leave it the way it is, just move the items in it on the map and adjust the navmesh, no cut-pasting, no copy-pasting, then everything should work fine.
What I want to do is remove a section of navmesh so animals don't walk at that section, will watch another video so will have a go, just can't remember now after you click on show Navigation Mesh do you edit via "Info layer painting"? if yes I have 0 1 2 3 if I understand this correctly they correspond to pigs sheep chicken cows maybe not in that order but when I choose single of of the options just won't highlight individual mesh( like 3= cow mesh " can't remember the right order now")

Job for another day