Dear Santa

wiggersjoelt

Re: Dear Santa

Post by wiggersjoelt »

An easy to understand and pretty thorough (in English) video series on how to learn to create mods and maps.

Joel W
JensChrDK

Post by JensChrDK »

Instead of taking a cultivating contract, and then a sowing, and then a couple of fertilizer contracts for the same field - it would be awesome if there could be one big contract for taking a field in harvested state, to planted and fully fertilized state. The more work you put in, the better payment. Mulching/not mulching, 0, 1 or 2 fertilizer stages, plowed/not plowed (to prevent weeds) etc etc.
Been playing WAAAAY to many hours - PC with Logitech G27 and Thrustmaster Simtask Farmstick
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

JensChrDK wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 11:21 am Instead of taking a cultivating contract, and then a sowing, and then a couple of fertilizer contracts for the same field - it would be awesome if there could be one big contract for taking a field in harvested state, to planted and fully fertilized state. The more work you put in, the better payment. Mulching/not mulching, 0, 1 or 2 fertilizer stages, plowed/not plowed (to prevent weeds) etc etc.
+1
mydixiewrecked

Post by mydixiewrecked »

I'd prefer contracts stay for one single job needing done. Putting in that much effort from harvest to mulching, tillage, planting, it would almost be simpler if they add land leasing and keep the contracts solely for liming, fertilizing, spraying, harvesting. That's just my perspective. I never do plowing, cultivating, or baling contracts. I'd rather sign lease contracts each year. Every January you go into a lease screen.
FBtheSQL

Post by FBtheSQL »

Allow us to name our game save and thus create a new file, which is very important for console since we can't backup our saves. I like to setup a map to a certain starting point before beginning a play through, and I'd like to be able to save that point, and go back to it if I choose. Plus, there are things in the game that can ruin a save file, and so it would help if we can just create a new save when we want.
The single save file per game is an odd development choice.
Urinal2001

Post by Urinal2001 »

FBtheSQL wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:00 pm Allow us to name our game save and thus create a new file, which is very important for console since we can't backup our saves. I like to setup a map to a certain starting point before beginning a play through, and I'd like to be able to save that point, and go back to it if I choose. Plus, there are things in the game that can ruin a save file, and so it would help if we can just create a new save when we want.
Absolutely this. Both for the type of reason you mention, i do that as well, but also because i would like to copy it to a different slot when i temporarily take a break from it as my primary save but want to be able to go back to it and dont want it sat in slot 1 for months while i have to use slot 5 or whatever for the one im playing most.
Helazak

Post by Helazak »

Another nice to have with this forum. When I use the quick links and select "new posts" I get a mix of all new posts from every language. I cant read most of them. There should be a way to limit the link to only the forum language of your choice.
FS22 on PC, FS14, FS16, FS20 on iPhone Not a gamer. Most gamer jargon goes over my head.
Started playing for the education about farming.

Amateur (noob) Farmer 5 mostly forested acres
Tractor: Kubota M4900 (54HP), w/ Loader bucket and forks
Attachments: log splitter, Chipper/shredder, finish mower, scrape blade, rock rake, double moldboard plow, rototiller, Garden Bedder
Crashmac

Post by Crashmac »

Dear Giants Santa,
Please bring us helpers and Ai that actually work.
Thanks
Guil

Post by Guil »

Helazak wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 2:30 pm

A great gift for me would be some universal customization choices for all vehicles. I don't know if it is possible, but every vehicle should have an option of a few hitch types to add to the back. (It would be nice to add a hitch to the back of a harvester so it could tow its own header) Also, a choice of light options. I do a lot of night work and some vehicles just don't light up the surrounding much. A standard color template would also be nice. I get that some brands have proprietary colors they can't fix, but others have limited color choices. A default template would be nice.
This will never happen outside lizard equipment and even then there is a slim to none chance of giants doing it.

They can't just add options to vehicles that don't exist in real life from the manufacturer.
Some harvesters have a hitch in game for the header trailer, it's just behind the rear axle.
Lexie

Post by Lexie »

Guil wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 7:16 am
Helazak wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 2:30 pm

A great gift for me would be some universal customization choices for all vehicles. I don't know if it is possible, but every vehicle should have an option of a few hitch types to add to the back. (It would be nice to add a hitch to the back of a harvester so it could tow its own header) Also, a choice of light options. I do a lot of night work and some vehicles just don't light up the surrounding much. A standard color template would also be nice. I get that some brands have proprietary colors they can't fix, but others have limited color choices. A default template would be nice.
This will never happen outside lizard equipment and even then there is a slim to none chance of giants doing it.

They can't just add options to vehicles that don't exist in real life from the manufacturer.
Some harvesters have a hitch in game for the header trailer, it's just behind the rear axle.
Are there even harvesters without hitch ingame, the grain harvesters all do have one as far as I know.

And about color choises, I do not really see a reason too add this, if the manufacturer not sell it like that, why should Giants add it in?
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

Because that’s farming. If I need something I don’t have I can either buy something aftermarket and attach it or weld it one on myself. I bet if you got to looking brands that don’t have one probably sell them as add ons. Same with lights tons of brands sell conversions to LEDs.
SimulatedFarmer

Post by SimulatedFarmer »

I, also, would love this. ::Santa, I’ve been very good this year.::
Urinal2001 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:52 am
FBtheSQL wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:00 pm Allow us to name our game save and thus create a new file, which is very important for console since we can't backup our saves. I like to setup a map to a certain starting point before beginning a play through, and I'd like to be able to save that point, and go back to it if I choose. Plus, there are things in the game that can ruin a save file, and so it would help if we can just create a new save when we want.
Absolutely this. Both for the type of reason you mention, i do that as well, but also because i would like to copy it to a different slot when i temporarily take a break from it as my primary save but want to be able to go back to it and dont want it sat in slot 1 for months while i have to use slot 5 or whatever for the one im playing most.
FSarndrone

Post by FSarndrone »

wiggersjoelt wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 8:43 pm An easy to understand and pretty thorough (in English) video series on how to learn to create mods and maps.

Joel W

https://www.farming-simulator.com/dlc-d ... d=fs22mt50 ?
I love multiplayer :mrgreen: and John Deere :coolnew:
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

I suppose I only have 2 big ones really. A general line of bug fixes and a second look at some of the balancing for one thing. Nothing in particular is broken for me but some of the things just don't work as well as they should except the dlc Volvo truck weighing about as much as a full trash bag on the steering axle when pulling a loaded trailer (a standard log trailer filled to or below the red part of the bed stakes shouldn't cause this behavior under any circumstance on a properly matched truck). And generally balancing of things like upgrades on older machines being insanely overpriced for example. Nothing major as I am really happy with the game but I think there are some areas that could use tweeks is all.

The other thing that would have me running to look under the fs tree would be more old(er), small kit. Giants has been hitting it out of the park with the older tractors compared to previous versions and I would absolutely LOVE for them to keep going down this road. I have really enjoyed using the old tractors they have put out but I really wish I didn't have to fill my mod folder just to make them my primary tractors or even useful at all really. I know its a dead horse but its my dead horse to beat. I don't even care if its Lizard, as long as its made to giants typical quality and works well with the existing small tractors.
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
Earnest Pea

Post by Earnest Pea »

Helazak wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 2:30 pm Another "stocking stuffer" would be font size. I use a 32" monitor and I still have a hard time seeing the helper letters.
Have you tried changing the UI scaling in the settings? I'm on a 4K monitor and normally the text would be unreadable. The UI scaling fixes it nicely.
KnowhutImean?
PC|XB1