Autosave

Fredashay

Re: Autosave

Post by Fredashay »

I'd say that the autosave is a mixed bag.
There have been times where I placed a building and wanted to undo it, but going into the menu triggered a save. So I had to demolish the building. Aaaargh!
And there have been other times where I hadn't forced a save in a long time, and quit the game only to think I lost a (real) day's worth of farming, only to go "phew" when I discovered that the game had autosaved and I only lost a small amount of progress.
Guil

Post by Guil »

If you have the basegame autosave set it will only save when you enter the ESC menu
ccowan2126

Post by ccowan2126 »

There is a MOD called Gamesaver that will save automatically while you play. It gives you an In-Game message just before it saves. You can still turn it off in the menu.
I personally turn save game off in the menu when I am building and changing things, and then incrementally SAVE as I complete something. That way when I make a mistake I just "exit without saving" and then get back in: everything is still there except the mistake.
Hope that helps.
bench_007

Post by bench_007 »

Rahkiin wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:42 pm It is because our saves are quite big and we can't stream them like most other games. E.g. in RDR2 they just save what changed since, like your position and some progress and bit of changed world state. We however save everything of the whole game every time because pretty much everything changes anyways. So we have to write a lot of data which takes time. We tried doing this during gameplay but then on consoles the FPS dropped to 0 for seconds. So we had to stick it to the menu only.
You're free to disable it and use it like fs17
There is a mod for fs17 called Map Autosave

https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... d_id=50533

Apart from a slight fps drop, it works very well and saves your progress while playing. Were the saves in fs17 smaller than in fs19 (and now fs22) or is there another reason why this mod worked in fs17 but never came back?