[SOLVED] Logitech G920 Wheel issue

CrustyRob

[SOLVED] Logitech G920 Wheel issue

Post by CrustyRob »

The first 2 days I had no issues setting up my wheel and pedals to work with the game. After the update this morning, whenever the game is launched it will force the steering wheel to near or exactly 100% centering spring, even if you unlock it prior to opening the game with the Logitech software!

I personally feel it has to do with these updates.

'Improved default mapping of various gamepads/steering wheels (Windows/Mac) (1.1)'
'Added support for attaching steering wheels while the game is running (1.1)'

To re-iterate, I can unlock the wheel fine while the game is running at any point, (minimizing it to open the software to 'unlock' the steering wheel) but upon switching back into the game it ignores the Logitech software settings and basically re-locks the wheel. It will do this regardless of which menu you are in, tho it happens right around the 'Focus' part of the introduction cinematic.
Davidc

Re: Logitech G920 Wheel issue

Post by Davidc »

I was using the workaround of starting FS17, to get FFB to work then launch FS19. Since latest patch I am getting the same behaviour as previous post. If FS19 is in focus the wheel is close to 100% resistance. I can tab out, release wheel with logitech gaming software but as soon as I tab back to FS19 wheel reverts to near 100% resistance
CrustyRob

Post by CrustyRob »

@Davidc If you setup the Logitech software profile to have it detect the FS19.exe it does work fine and should not need a work around using another game, just make sure you set the profile as persistent! :) Lets just hope they can figure this force feedback issue out soon! Apparently people with the G27 wheel are having the total opposite issue of those with a G29/920. I also tried the Force feedback detection setting in the Logitech software and it had 0 effect on the game.
Joepineapples

Post by Joepineapples »

You’re not alone, I have exactly the same issue. I used Dirt 4 though instead to get wheel to work. Stopped working now since update
Platform: PC
CrustyRob

Post by CrustyRob »

You guys really shouldn't need to use an alternate game to get the software's profile to work properly, it will work if you know how to set one up :) like I said just make sure the profile is set to persistent and it will be fine. The problem with the wheel is now Farming Simulator 19 itself, my profile for 17 and even 15 still work and run fine independently, and the 19 one was fine up until the steam 1.1 update. If you need a hand creating a profile with the software I can guide you in the right direction.
Joepineapples

Post by Joepineapples »

Ok I’ll give it a go, if I can’t get it to work then I’ll be asking for assistance 😀
PoggleBox

Post by PoggleBox »

Can you adjust FFB settings in the profile?
Platform : PC
i7 7700k@5.0 GTX1070Ti 32Gb DDR4, 500Gb M.2, 4TB across multiple SSD's, Windows 10
Joepineapples

Post by Joepineapples »

CrustyRob wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:51 am You guys really shouldn't need to use an alternate game to get the software's profile to work properly, it will work if you know how to set one up :) like I said just make sure the profile is set to persistent and it will be fine. The problem with the wheel is now Farming Simulator 19 itself, my profile for 17 and even 15 still work and run fine independently, and the 19 one was fine up until the steam 1.1 update. If you need a hand creating a profile with the software I can guide you in the right direction.
Thank you.
I cant believe that for more than 12 months I've been messing around using another game to activate the wheel, even after all the research I did!
Got your method to work with FS17 setting it to persistent but it wont work with FS19.
Load FS19 and wheel goes to max centre spring strength, can tab out set to 10%, click ok and then wheel loosens up but as soon as I tab back into FS19 it goes stiff again!
At least I've made some sort of progress.....I think

Just use my controller for now until this is sorted
CrustyRob

Post by CrustyRob »

No problem. Im at the same issue, right around the 'Focus' logo during the intro cinematic is when it shows up if upon booting up the game, or i can do what you said and unlock it and switch back only for it to re stiffen. Hopefully this gets patched soon the wheel was expensive xD

You can adjust the centering springs strength in the profile, and create different profiles for different games which it will automatically detect than switch to. So for farming simulator you can have it at 6% and a racing game you might play could be 40% or whatever is nice for those games.
Joepineapples

Post by Joepineapples »

It seems FS19 doesn't like my controller either, Keyboard and mouse it is then!!!!
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Post by x Lethian x »

Please retry this with patch 1.1.3:
viewtopic.php?p=1052571#p1052571

If needed, please also install the newest software update for any logitech input devices you are using:
https://support.logitech.com/en_ch/software/lgs

After this all should be working like a charm ;)
How to report a BUG | How to post a log file | How to upload images