FS19 Missions or lack of them

Dyexz

FS19 Missions or lack of them

Post by Dyexz »

I've been playing FS19 with a friend, playing on "hard" (Ravenport), and it's been (mostly) good so far, however I/we have noticed a few things:
- I/we have yet to see any of the Hay/Baling missions that were mentioned a DevBlog.
- Potatoes seems to be very popular for fields to grow, especially on field 8 (largest one, Ravenport). This is annoying as it takes around 7 hours (real time) to harvest. There should be more variety in the crops grown on fields!
- Why isn't there a mission to spread Lime on fields?
- Running certain missions are barely worth doing due to either; the time it takes to complete or the reward (profit) is next to none (barely breaking even with the costs to lease equipment).
lefe1

Re: FS19 Missions or lack of them

Post by lefe1 »

I get Hay/Baling missions all the time. Do you skip night? because if you do your missing out on a lot of missions. most of my fert- missions are after it gets dark...
Bigfilmguy

Post by Bigfilmguy »

Don't see it myself. So far I've harvested sugar beet, canola, cotton and wheat. I've baled grass into bales and also separately made silage bales. I've done cultivating missions and fertilizing missions. I'm seeing a huge variety in my missions list. As to your comment about some missions not being worth it, the way I see it is that we have to get used to a new economy in terms of missions. Yes, I sometimes think rewards could be better, but for me it's about trying new equipment and see more of the map than the zone immediately around my land and the sell points.
Viva la Valtra!
Intel I5-9400F, 16GB DDR4, GTX1660 6GB, 240GB SSD, 1TB HDD
PS4 and proud!
Thanks to all modders, we do really love you, even though we don't always show it.
W1der

Post by W1der »

I tried ”hard” mode ... noticed there was only a few missions.

When I switched to ”farm manager” there where a lot more to choose from!
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
Jballak9197

Post by Jballak9197 »

I quit working contracts after completing 2 fertilizer and 1 harvesting missions. Because I wasn't getting paid. Anyone else having this issue? I mean I do everything right and it'll even say on the screen completed. But my balance never increases.
Hebrews 6:7. Land that drinks in the rain often falling on it and that produces a crop useful to those for whom it is farmed receives the blessing of God.
Bigfilmguy

Post by Bigfilmguy »

Have you pressed the "Complete" button in the contracts screen. Even if the message pops up on screen saying contract completed unless you click that "Complete" button you won't get paid. It's Square on PS4 and I think it's Space on PC, not sure on Xbox though.
Viva la Valtra!
PS4 and proud!
Thanks to all modders, we do really love you, even though we don't always show it.
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

Jballak9197 wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:41 am I quit working contracts after completing 2 fertilizer and 1 harvesting missions. Because I wasn't getting paid. Anyone else having this issue? I mean I do everything right and it'll even say on the screen completed. But my balance never increases.
Did you go into the contracts menu overview and complete them?
On PS4 you go into contract overview and press square to complete contract.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
Bigfilmguy

Post by Bigfilmguy »

Jinx, lol!
Viva la Valtra!
PS4 and proud!
SirLANsalot

Post by SirLANsalot »

Missions are a joke. They all need a MAJOR buff in payout to make it worth your time.

On ravenport, NEVER EVER EVER EVER take a Sugar beet or Potato mission, all the fields on that map are fairly large. So while the payout might be enticing, like harvesting sugar beet on Field 8 for 118k, the time needed to do that IS NOT worth it.

The only missions worth doing are the Fertilizing missions where with your big sprayer you can do them pretty quick. If you happen to own the big cultivator, those ones can be good too. Field 5 had a 49k payout for sugar beets....took 4 bloody hours to do it, in which I COULD have made 3x that much in less time cycling my own fields.

Pro tip for making big money. When starting out (on any difficulty) just buy a harvester and a tipper/tractor or truck. Look at the map and see what fields need to be harvested with whatever header you chose, then BUY the field, harvest it and sell the crop. Then SELL the land, you get FULL money back for the land. Meaning you get to keep the profits but the Computer will cycle the field FOR you (crank the speed up) buy it again and repeat. You can do this again and again on multiple fields, letting the AI do the seeding for you. When you think you have enough money to actually start out on your own, you can then just go about as per usual.
Note: This tactic works best on "Start from Scratch" as you can then pick what level of loan you want to actually have. Personally I did this on Felsbrun, and I got the Ideal harvester, the Wilson tipper and base truck, header and header trailer. Starting making money pretty much from the first field. You can even go cheaper then with max stuff and have no to very little loan at all.
drb

Post by drb »

SirLANsalot wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:37 am BUY the field, harvest it and sell the crop. Then SELL the land, you get FULL money back for the land.
I never would have considered that! I always did wait until fields were near ready to harvest (and fertilized via missions) with a profitable crop before buying them in FS17 though.
Lindydanny

Post by Lindydanny »

After a while, it seems like the computer farmers have all stopped doing anything in their fields. I have a couple of transport missions that pop up and baling missions from the two grass fields. Everything else has gone to weeds with no missions popping up.

I'm on console, btw.
W1der

Post by W1der »

I made roughly 70 000 doing contracts during my first day in my "serious savegame" ...
Using my own medium sized equipment for the jobs.

Spent many hours enjoying myself doing this!

Doing contracts are nice as you are getting payed instantly for your time.
Working on your own fields is a lot of work before you are getting payed as you need to fertilize, cultivate, fertilize, plant, get rid of weeds before you can actually harvest and get some money for it!

I am playing with time set to x1 ... and I take on contracts when there is nothing to do on my own farm ...
I "go to bed" around midnight and "sleep" until 6am.
This way I am optimizing the money income / hour in the game ...

If contracts was worth more ... having your own fields just isn´t worth it ... then I would only do contracts!

That said, I like it the way it is ...
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
Miktrent07

Post by Miktrent07 »

Lindydanny wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:41 pm After a while, it seems like the computer farmers have all stopped doing anything in their fields. I have a couple of transport missions that pop up and baling missions from the two grass fields. Everything else has gone to weeds with no missions popping up.

I'm on console, btw.
I am noticing a similar situation on my game as well. I have played about 60hrs so far and some of the missions are the same as when I started. I have went through several “days” on the game because I sow and fertilize my fields then turn time to 120x til it’s time to harvest then repeat. Sometimes I like to do a mission just to take a break from my own farm and to try out new equipment. It seems like the other land owners don’t do anything unless I do it for them. Another problem I’ve had with missions is that when I press triangle button (ps4) to lease equipment for the mission, that mission just disappears and the equipment doesn’t show up at the shop.
PsychoFarmer

Post by PsychoFarmer »

Miktrent07 wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:36 pm
Lindydanny wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:41 pm
Another problem I’ve had with missions is that when I press triangle button (ps4) to lease equipment for the mission, that mission just disappears and the equipment doesn’t show up at the shop.
That’s because the mission has expired and it’s just not been removed from the job list.

I’m on Felsbrunn the AI fields are all weed bar field 13 and the 2 grass fields ... thinking of turning weeds off to see if that gets those lazy farmers moving
Console: PS4 FS19 Felsbrunn ... UK
GrimGandalf

Post by GrimGandalf »

W1der wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:55 pm I made roughly 70 000 doing contracts during my first day in my "serious savegame" ...
Using my own medium sized equipment for the jobs.

Spent many hours enjoying myself doing this!

Doing contracts are nice as you are getting payed instantly for your time.
Working on your own fields is a lot of work before you are getting payed as you need to fertilize, cultivate, fertilize, plant, get rid of weeds before you can actually harvest and get some money for it!

I am playing with time set to x1 ... and I take on contracts when there is nothing to do on my own farm ...
I "go to bed" around midnight and "sleep" until 6am.
This way I am optimizing the money income / hour in the game ...

If contracts was worth more ... having your own fields just isn´t worth it ... then I would only do contracts!

That said, I like it the way it is ...
This way would be fine if everyone was forced to play on 1x speed, and I’m guessing that’s what Giants is thinking. But since we can speed up time it is way more profitable to do that. Which makes missions very lackluster. I myself am intrigued by playing a game on 1x though, and may have to try this.
PS4, XBOX X & PC Video Game Farmer