WEEDS WEEDS AND MORE WEEDS

Dal100

WEEDS WEEDS AND MORE WEEDS

Post by Dal100 »

Hi
Am I the only one that thinks the weeds grow way to fast in this game it should be at least 3/4 days not 24hrs .. I killed the weeds at 5pm the next morning they were back !! It's crazy
Crazof

Re: WEEDS WEEDS AND MORE WEEDS

Post by Crazof »

I've been running fast growth on ravenport (PS4) and haven't had any issues since the patch.

weeds pop up, I spray them with herbicide, done. they show up in the field once per cycle between sowing and harvesting. Based on comments in another thread I have even started playing around with herbicide before they show up on a planted field and that seems to work also.

I've had them show up on harvested fields before I've gotten a chance to replant, I just replanted and went on, meaning I've never done anything to get rid of weeds on unplanted fields
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

Weeds will only show up once per growth cycle, once you've planted your crops. As far as I've noticed.
This isn't really weird and probably is once per 24h-36h in-game. but the time in FS has never been realistic, 1 day is pretty mucha whole year.
And recommending turning off weeds is just lazy. You fertilize every harvest, what's the problem with spraying or weeding?
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

I turned off weeds. It seemed like too much work in a game I play for fun'sees.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Rickenbacker

Post by Rickenbacker »

FARMBOSS wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:26 pm Weeds patern is buggy. Weeds starts growing from top to bottom, but if your neighbor has weeds in his field, you will see weeds in your field too no matter if you used plow and herbicide.
I don't. WIth growth on Normal, I only see weeds grow once per harvest. And once I remove them, they don't come back.
FarmerJeff

Post by FarmerJeff »

On the other hand, weeding contracts pop up all the time during a typical infestation, supporting my farmer’s balance sheet.
cvKurt

Post by cvKurt »

I find weed growth pattern quite predicable and easy to manage. My approach: If they show up before I sow/plant, I ignore them... just let them come back later. If they show up in the first two growth stages, I weed. Otherwise, I wait until last growth cycle and spray regardless of whether they present or not. This ensures I never see them in harvest stages.
chaskuchar1

Post by chaskuchar1 »

do you save any cash weeding vs. spraying?
60 acres with center pivot. jmj
playing fs22 on pc, hard mode
mespalin

Post by mespalin »

Using a weeder is free. Spraying you have to buy herbicide. I find the cost of herbicide is well worth it, as I have more time in the later growth stages before harvest. Early on I am usually still trying to get the rest of my fields planted, so I opt to spray all my fields once they have all been planted and are growing. With a sprayer I can spray early and late weed growth, using a weeder is limited to early growth.
FS17/PS4/CPF/OSF/Oakfield/Lone Oak/Seasons
Phigo

Post by Phigo »

Weeds are pretty easy to handle. Only use the Weeder. No need for herbicide If you are fast enough.
PS4 und PC
livesea72

Post by livesea72 »

I have issues with weeds growing in my ready to harvest state dispite have removed them on first stage.
FS13 xbox360/ FS15 ps4/xbox one/ FS17 xbox one/ps4pro platinum trophy /FS19 ps4pro platinum trophy/ FS 22 PC
livesea72

Post by livesea72 »

Phigo wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:47 pm Weeds are pretty easy to handle. Only use the Weeder. No need for herbicide If you are fast enough.
Need a bigger weeder when you have 12 acre fields 15 meter one takes awhile and i really don't want to run two at a time so i just spray herbicide with hardi. 3 passes it done and i use about 3k herbicide Combined for both fields.
FS13 xbox360/ FS15 ps4/xbox one/ FS17 xbox one/ps4pro platinum trophy /FS19 ps4pro platinum trophy/ FS 22 PC
Husqvarna TS 352

Post by Husqvarna TS 352 »

livesea72 wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:43 am Need a bigger weeder when you have 12 acre fields 15 meter one takes awhile and i really don't want to run two at a time so i just spray herbicide with hardi. 3 passes it done and i use about 3k herbicide Combined for both fields.
And it also uses a $500000 piece of equiptment. Big weeder is only 45k and you don't need to refill it.
G'day
W1der

Post by W1der »

livesea72 wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:40 am I have issues with weeds growing in my ready to harvest state dispite have removed them on first stage.
If you spray directly after sowing ... you wont see any weeds.
The only issue here is if there are no weeds present ... you will have to do it manually (helper wont do it).
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
livesea72

Post by livesea72 »

W1der wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:50 am
livesea72 wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:40 am I have issues with weeds growing in my ready to harvest state dispite have removed them on first stage.
If you spray directly after sowing ... you wont see any weeds.
The only issue here is if there are no weeds present ... you will have to do it manually (helper wont do it).
Did not think that worked on cosole. Mr sealyp tested it and they grew anyway.