I'm getting bored!

mllgrennman

I'm getting bored!

Post by mllgrennman »

I have pigs, cows, and sheep all at 100% productivity, food and water full, pens cleaned, silage fermented, crops growing, fields plowed, fertilized and cultivated...all at the same time!

Now what?..I'm cruising in my truck, hanging out at the beach talking to the women...

I guess forestry is the only thing left, but I'm not feeling it.
DirectCedar

Re: I'm getting bored!

Post by DirectCedar »

mllgrennman wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:33 am I have pigs, cows, and sheep all at 100% productivity, food and water full, pens cleaned, silage fermented, crops growing, fields plowed, fertilized and cultivated...all at the same time!

Now what?..I'm cruising in my truck, hanging out at the beach talking to the women...

Leave it running and read this forum until your attention is needed for the next phase...

In real life the best part of farming is the very occasional time when the work is all caught up and you can relax for a moment before the next job comes up.
CMDRTAKEDOWN

Post by CMDRTAKEDOWN »

Welcome to farming. If this isn't your thing then maybe this is not a game for you then.
Hoping season's will come out with longer season lengths this time around.
PS4
PS5
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

CMDRTAKEDOWN wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:12 am Welcome to farming. If this isn't your thing then maybe this is not a game for you then.
Hoping season's will come out with longer season lengths this time around.
Longer than 24 days? Oh dear.
mllgrennman

Post by mllgrennman »

CMDRTAKEDOWN wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:12 am If this isn't your thing then maybe this is not a game for you then.
no its the opposite...im so addicted that ive played it out!

and through prolonged game play ive learned how to be really efficient.
mllgrennman

Post by mllgrennman »

Are there any more challenges I don't know about? I remember reading something about relationships with other farmers?
thumbwiz

Post by thumbwiz »

You're thinking of Farmers Dynasty for the relations. As for Challenges, Pure Farming has those and a story mode. Might keep you busy until the dlc comes.
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada
Michael5941

Post by Michael5941 »

mllgrennman wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:33 am Now what?..I'm cruising in my truck, hanging out at the beach talking to the women...

Set time scale to 120 and wait for everything to be ready to be harvested, harvest it then repeat, make money buy bigger equipment and more land. Farming Simulator is naturally a tedious game if you get bored after doing everything 1 or more times them the game might not be your style. For me I can play farming simulator for hours and never get bored I love tedious games, my favorite games are games that requires some sort of grind to get anywhere farming simulator has that you have to grind to get money to expand yes the grind is more relaxed than a game like No mans sky where you are constantly grinding for resources and money, just to leave a planet you have to make sure your launch thrusters are fuelled. A lot of people finds games like that boring as it is always gather, sell, repeat but I find it quite enjoyable. farming simulator is exactly as well the only difference is the mods makes it a different experience each time which increases the playability for people who doesn't like tedious type games.
PS4 User(PSN- LoneWolf5841)
Enjoying FS19 on PS4
Thanks to the modders for the wonderful work they do, Happy Farming :hi:
reider

Post by reider »

Just try new maps from the beginning. I usually have 5 or 6 and sometimes play them while on my main map. Other times I wait until I played a map out. I like a good old fashioned Russian Map sometimes as well as all the modern ones.
mikejl46

Post by mikejl46 »

I have to dream up different scenarios to keep from getting bored with the game.. I'm into the logging, so I will do big time logging with all the big machines, do small time logging with just a chainsaw and a skidder. There are many different ways you can log, like using a forwarder instead of a skidder. I will make up jobs where I'm hired to cut all big trees from someones yard in town, cut all trees along the highways. Constantly switch things up to keep if fresh and fun to play.
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Time to do potatoes then :P
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
Moses195

Post by Moses195 »

I’ve been playing 6-12 hours per day since 05/08/2018!, every day. I became addicted the first 5 minutes. On FS 17 I spent a lot of time on Westbridge Hills and Lone Oak. In FS 19 I became bored very quickly with the 2 in game maps. Now I look forward to all the new maps that are being released on an un-official mod site everyday. I spent a little time looking around, etc., then usually deleting them. I find about 1 in 20 that I really like. Then I work it til I make over 1 million dollars. Usually by then I either still like it or start over with a new map. Been doing this for about 1 month.

As an aside, I happened upon American Truck Sim for $4.99 about 3 months ago. It has the same addicting qualities as FS to me. I always wanted to be a truck driver as a kid and have driven over 1 million miles as an adult. When I finally get tired of FS I have this as a backup.
mllgrennman

Post by mllgrennman »

I should say that I didn't mean to complain...I'm just looking for "unexplored territory"...if any...
W1der

Post by W1der »

Go in to large scale sugar beeat ... and make pallets of it before you sell it ... that will keep you busy!

Is there a bigger pay off for sugar beet in pallets?
If not ... there should be!
(I only use it for feeding my pigs.)
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
Corstaad

Post by Corstaad »

Michael5941 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:17 am
mllgrennman wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:33 am Now what?..I'm cruising in my truck, hanging out at the beach talking to the women...

Set time scale to 120 and wait for everything to be ready to be harvested, harvest it then repeat, make money buy bigger equipment and more land. Farming Simulator is naturally a tedious game if you get bored after doing everything 1 or more times them the game might not be your style. For me I can play farming simulator for hours and never get bored I love tedious games, my favorite games are games that requires some sort of grind to get anywhere farming simulator has that you have to grind to get money to expand yes the grind is more relaxed than a game like No mans sky where you are constantly grinding for resources and money, just to leave a planet you have to make sure your launch thrusters are fuelled. A lot of people finds games like that boring as it is always gather, sell, repeat but I find it quite enjoyable. farming simulator is exactly as well the only difference is the mods makes it a different experience each time which increases the playability for people who doesn't like tedious type games.
I used to play EvE and pirate other players as my sole income. It was beyond a grind. I used to fly hours at a time to find one fight I knew would pay off. It was very peaceful with a good adrenaline rush as a pay off.