FS22 day one updates

Hefilump

FS22 day one updates

Post by Hefilump »

Every time I open the game I get a pop-up on the main menu, telling me to download an important update

I have found two sets of notes about day one patches (1.0.1 & 1.0.2) via Google but cannot find anywhere to actually download them.

Nothing on the official website, which is where the popup in the game menu keeps taking you - come on Giants, get your act together!!
Platform: PC - Lenovo Legion 7, AMD Ryzen 7 5800H, 32 GB Ram, Nvidia GTX3080 16GB VRAM, 2 x 1TB NVME SSDs

Controls: Keyboard, Mouse, Logitech Heavy Equipment Wheel and Side Controller

NOT STEAM DRIVEN!!
Hefilump

Re: FS22 day one updates

Post by Hefilump »

Giants have finally put something on their website about updates for FS22
When starting the game, the Autoupdater will automatically search for any available updates and install them.

If you are having problems with your installation, you can try the following: Start the game with a double click while holding down SHIFT, then click on the “Verify Installation” button and it should automatically repair any issues with your installation.

If you are experiencing problems with your automatic update or do not have access to fast internet speeds, please use our eShop to download the latest full version:

https://eshop.giants-software.com/downloads.php

To install the game on Windows 10 / 11, double click the downloaded „img” file and then double click the Setup.exe and follow the installation wizard.

To install the game with the “zip” file, first unpack the downloaded „zip” file into an arbitrary folder and then double click the FarmingSimulator2022.exe.

To install the game on Mac OS X, double click the FarmingSimulator2022_ESD_bXXXXX.dmg and follow the installation wizard.

(*) Please note that this build cannot be used for the Steam or Epic Games Store version of Farming-Simulator 22. If you have a Steam or Epic Games Store version, your game will be updated automatically.
This is great EXCEPT the link to the download page goes to the version that was released on Monday and NOT the updated version (which is unavailable) and it's not a zip file but a .img file - so the instructions are wrong as well! :hmm:

So all in all, a complete waste of time. *thumbsdown*

The one plus is that it only took 5 minutes to download the 13GB file, rather than 7 hours for the updater to download 3GB!!
Platform: PC - Lenovo Legion 7, AMD Ryzen 7 5800H, 32 GB Ram, Nvidia GTX3080 16GB VRAM, 2 x 1TB NVME SSDs

Controls: Keyboard, Mouse, Logitech Heavy Equipment Wheel and Side Controller

NOT STEAM DRIVEN!!