FS22_RealLifeNumbers

kahfs

FS22_RealLifeNumbers

Post by kahfs »

Just to alert the small user community of FS19_RealLifeNumbers that a new, but much reduced, version is now available for FS22 at www.modhoster.com

The FS19 version assigned unique parameter values to all fillTypes, fruitTypes, etc. In the FS22 version a much simpler approach is used. All fillTypes have the pricePerLiter scaled by the same adjustable factor. And so it is with all the other items.

There is no longer dedicated versions for a certain country. The FS22 version is one-for-all and all-for-one. Users can adjust the scaling parameters up and down to fit pricelevels in their part of the world.

My reason for downscaling is time. In the time of FS19 I spent most of my time updating the mod. With FS22 I would like to play the game.

Please consider it a beta version. And please inform me of any issues by direct e-mail. The address is found in the script files

The mod assume you play on economy-level hard.

Features included:

RealNumbersFieldPrices.lua: (press lAlt-rf to get a list of field area and other information)
- Adjusted prices of farmland
- Defines a fraction of the farmlands as leaseable at a reduced cost (can be turned off)
RealNumbersFillTypes.lua:
- Adjusted pricePerLiter (only fillTypes, not buildings or equipment)
RealNumbersFruitTypes.lua:
- Adjustable yield, windrow yield and seedUsage (default is no scale)
RealNumbersStorePrices.lua:
- Adjustable prices for bales, bigbags, bigbagpallets and pallets
RealNumbersLeasing.lua:
- Adjustable leasing cost for equipment (default: flat daily fraction of trade value)
RealNumbersContractRewards.lua:
- Adjusted rewards for missions
RealNumbersSellingStations.lua:
- Reduced price variation between sellPoints
Still to do: reduce helper wages. I can't find the parameter. If you know, please tell me.

All scripts are independent and any one of them can be commented out in modDesc.xml (except for RealNumbersFieldPrices.lua).

This mod has not been written for Multiplayer mode. Nor has it been tested in Multiplayer mode.

If you consider altering the game as cheating, then this mod is definitely not for you :biggrin2: .
K. Henneberg/ArmChairFarming. Author of RealLifeNumbers (FS19, FS22)
george.earlslight

Re: FS22_RealLifeNumbers

Post by george.earlslight »

Thank you for your time, your mod is really great :)
kahfs

Post by kahfs »

george.earlslight wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:14 am Thank you for your time, your mod is really great :)
Thank you George. Wait and see. It is not nearly as ambitious as the FS19 mod. But it does give you the opportunity to adapt the game in various aspects.

I have played with it for about one day. And over all, it does provide a gaming enviroment not too far from the FS19 version.
...Kaj-Åge
astro80

Post by astro80 »

thank you for this beautiful work!
ajFarmer

Post by ajFarmer »

@kahfs
Thank you so much for all your effort, I really enjoyed RLN with FS19. Looking forward to trying it out on FS22

Question: Does the days per Month/Year effect Leasing of land and equipment or loan interest rate.

I noticed in the RealNumbersLeasing.lua there was this line RN.annualLoanInterest = 100; -- default value = 100
However in my Farm.xml, I have loanAnnualInterestRate="300.000000"
Does RealNumbersLeasing.lua overwrite Farm.xml value or do I need to change it?

I will use "Start From Scratch" for save set up
kahfs

Post by kahfs »

ajFarmer wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:40 pm @kahfs
Thank you so much for all your effort, I really enjoyed RLN with FS19. Looking forward to trying it out on FS22

Question: Does the days per Month/Year effect Leasing of land and equipment or loan interest rate.

I noticed in the RealNumbersLeasing.lua there was this line RN.annualLoanInterest = 100; -- default value = 100
However in my Farm.xml, I have loanAnnualInterestRate="300.000000"
Does RealNumbersLeasing.lua overwrite Farm.xml value or do I need to change it?

I will use "Start From Scratch" for save set up
Hello ajFarmer. Thank you for the kind words.

I cannot spend all my spare time adjusting the mod to accommodate all the many future developments in the game. Therefore I intend to make the FS22 version a much simpler mod compared to the FS19 version. So, for now the field leasing is nothing more than a reduction of the price to 3% of the trading price (a fairly realistic percentage in most of Europe). There is no expiration date on the lease in FS22. It is more flexible to let the mod user control this. With more focus on winter crops in FS22, January is not necessarily a good lease expiration month. So in an appropriate role play, the user would sell and renew the lease after one year.

Maybe the comments in the scripts are not very logic. The default values are the default values in RealLifeNumbers, not in the vanilla game. This is just so that the mod user can adjust to new values and reset them to the values I have chosen.

This is also the reason it says: RN.annualLoanInterest = 100; -- default value = 100

I have not made any test yet on the loan interest.

Please notice there is a mistake when buying multiple items of bales, bigbags and bigbag pallets. I'm working on a fix.
Jonnjc

Post by Jonnjc »

Brilliant mod, brings so much more to the game

Thank you
deerefarm

Post by deerefarm »

LOL, funny I just finished a video real farming facts and how if the prices in FS22 were real everyone would be a farm. 1000L of corn on easy mode sells for on average $1000 or a $1 a liter. 35.2 litres in a bushel, so that would be $35.2 per bushel versus the current futures price of six something a bushel. Mind you you're not getting the same yield per acre in the game but still.
Have been playing FS since FS 2011 came out and still going strong. *thumbsup*
Check out Dairy Air Farms https://www.youtube.com/c/DairyAirFarms
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Could imagine how much more expensive everything would be. Instead of 300 dollars a bag of seed corn it would be over thousand. The yeilds aren't far off in game compared to real life.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
deerefarm

Post by deerefarm »

Just out of curiosity what do you get on average per acre, bushel of corn wise, down in Illinois?
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Last year in down corn we average 215. Our best field was 285. The year before we average 245. Hit 330 in spots.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
deerefarm

Post by deerefarm »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:23 am Last year in down corn we average 215. Our best field was 285. The year before we average 245. Hit 330 in spots.
*thumbsup* In Eastern Ontario, or our farm anyway we were a little bit lower. 190-205 on average but like you it depended on the area of the farm. The 100 or so acres along the floodplain, which got lots of rich soil deposits annually we were 250-280 but being a floodplain we couldn't always get get an early planting in. Especially in the years the conservation authority "controlled" the speed with which the dam would let the water out.
astro80

Post by astro80 »

one of the best and underrated mod.