Discount Store

grellmer

Discount Store

Post by grellmer »

After the last patch I notice my vehicles not appearing in discount section after returning them from a lease. Was this changed in 1.3?
coleislazy

Re: Discount Store

Post by coleislazy »

this was never a feature. if it did a few times it must have been a coincidence.
grellmer

Post by grellmer »

coleislazy wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 7:35 pm this was never a feature. if it did a few times it must have been a coincidence.
haha no, it did it all the time prior to the last patch
coleislazy

Post by coleislazy »

i played about 60 hours on a save where i primarily leased equipment and was constantly checking the discount store and never saw anything i leased show up there. i am curious if anyone else saw the behavior you describe.
u2020bullet

Post by u2020bullet »

coleislazy wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 7:35 pm this was never a feature. if it did a few times it must have been a coincidence.
Wrong. Did it for me literally every time. That's dozens of times, every time. Could not have been a coincidence.

EDIT: Just saw your last reply. Could we have stumbled into something here? Was it supposed to be a feature that was somehow only active for some people?

EDIT2: Gonna go into the game and check if it's still happening for me.
StoneTheCrows

Post by StoneTheCrows »

It did for me in my first few hours of play. Since then nothing, and I'm now at 110 hours on this save. It looks lime there is a random element to it.
u2020bullet

Post by u2020bullet »

Just checked my game. While this used to happen to me 100% of the time, it's definitely not happening any longer. Too bad since i never really took advantage of the mechanic. Hopefully they bring it back.
grellmer

Post by grellmer »

They had to have broken this in the last patch. I have 205 hours in game, it was working just last week.
u2020bullet

Post by u2020bullet »

grellmer wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 8:08 pm They had to have broken this in the last patch. I have 205 hours in game, it was working just last week.
Heck, it worked a couple of days ago. I know because i had a few troublesome trees and leased a ton of forestry equipment to carpet bomb the problem. Everything was on sale when returned.
grellmer

Post by grellmer »

According to the "(un)announced feature" list topic in this forum it was a feature in multi-player games. But it appears broken now..
GothicKing13

Post by GothicKing13 »

Hmm, I never noticed this... maybe it's just I didn't pay attention to the sales page enough. Or, was it vehicles/equipment that you personally leased or was it stuff that you used from Contracts? Because, up until the update... I didn't run any contracts. If it was the latter... well, I guess I really should of payed more attention to that and got an advantage. Leasing all the little stuff, including the small Bührer 6105 Tractor that I am currently using to run up and down the fields with so I could of got them on sale and had more money for fields. :hi:
GOTHICKING13 With every deed, you are sowing a seed. Though the harvest, you may not see.
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

I can see why leased items appeared in the discount store would be a bad idea. Anything you wanted to buy you could just lease for 5 minutes then buy it cheap. I know on multiplayer that if one player sells an item it appears in the discount section, which does make sense.
grellmer

Post by grellmer »

Rasping rabbit wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:35 pm I can see why leased items appeared in the discount store would be a bad idea. Anything you wanted to buy you could just lease for 5 minutes then buy it cheap. I know on multiplayer that if one player sells an item it appears in the discount section, which does make sense.
It didnt work like that. It was based on damage. So if you leased something for 5min you wouldnt accumulate enough damage to give a discount.
GothicKing13

Post by GothicKing13 »

Ah, so that's why I never seen what I leased in the discount shop... I tried to never have to pay extra for it. I got it, got the job done and returned it. Playing with Seasonal Cycles, 3 Day Months... it's always just 1 or 2 fields at a time that need doing. So, never much damage upon returning either.
GOTHICKING13 With every deed, you are sowing a seed. Though the harvest, you may not see.
dan1108

Post by dan1108 »

grellmer wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 8:22 pm According to the "(un)announced feature" list topic in this forum it was a feature in multi-player games. But it appears broken now..
Maybe they changed it so it doesn't work in single player (exploit), but it only works in Multiplayer?