Modhub testing slower than snails?

h3rich

Modhub testing slower than snails?

Post by h3rich »

I just noticed there were 51 mods posted that are being tested. 23 of those mods were already on the list yesterday.

After such a long holiday that Giants software took over and after the holidays this seems like a kick in the face to the community.

If the game was tested with such delicacy before release it would be understandable..but it clearly wasn't and was released a buggy mess. Why such delays with mods?

I think this is progressing into a modding chaos with people getting mods from non-legit websites and modders releasing less and less on the official modhub.

What do you think? And please stick to the topic!
Florish

Re: Modhub testing slower than snails?

Post by Florish »

maybe you should get a live... mods come when they come, any discussion on who thinks what is quick and slow is useless and leads to nothing
Digital farmer from the Netherlands
- FS17/19 on PS4
- FS22 on PS5
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

The list posted is just a snap shot at any one time. Only giants testing team knows how many they actually test throughout the day. Some modders get feedback and resubmit all in the same day as well. Just be patient.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Yeah, the list is made by Chris basikally asking the different testers : "What mod are you testing right now?"
So, by the time the list is posted, it can be completely out of date....
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
eric21

Post by eric21 »

The que is huge and some mods take time to test, km guessing nypur annoyed that your favourite mod hasn't come up it yet
h3rich

Post by h3rich »

It's not that i'm waiting for any mod....i'm just curious about the testing process as it was bashed by many modders that sending mods to the official modhub is a pain. That means lots of mods may not get published on consoles if they are not on the official modhub. I'm a PC player so it's not a problem for me but it seems like the system should be maybe optimised in some way?

Also the list is posted roughly at the end of the work day here in EU, before new mods get posted to modhub...so it should be up to date?
eric21

Post by eric21 »

This happens every year after Xmas, I don't see a problem
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Well they also check for legal issues, so they don't accept concerts from people stealing mods from others. Unlike a lot of places that can just upload whatever they want. They also test the code unlike those other sites as well. That's why some modders don't like it.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
MrSquealypig

Post by MrSquealypig »

We used to get mods once a week just a few games ago
njuska11

Post by njuska11 »

By this rate maybe all of this 1100 mods get tested after the new fs releases. Just kidding modhub is clogged right now and i have no idea how are giants going test all of this mods this year with influx of new mods on a daily basis. Maybe modhub needs a redesign?
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

h3rich wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:10 pm ----snipp----

Also the list is posted roughly at the end of the work day here in EU, before new mods get posted to modhub...so it should be up to date?
Well, like i said, it can be outdated by the time it's posted, as it takes time to gather the info...
Also, it's not usually posted at the end of the day?
And if a mod disapairs from the list, but not releases on the hub, it's entirely possible that it passed pc testing, and is now in que for console testing.
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
Motologist

Post by Motologist »

Somebody correct me if I am wrong...

My understanding is that the testing tool Giants provided to modders for FS19, which provided a better diagnostics and a slot count approximation, is not available for FS22 yet. I suspect even good modders (I know Smety mentioned it late last year) run into issues with Giants detecting issues the modders can't see without the tool.
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

This is funny... just this morning I was looking at the flood of content hitting modhub steadily since Giants is back from holidays, thinking, "Wow, the mods are sure coming thick and fast now."

I guess we all have different perspectives :biggrin2:
Jimbob0704

Post by Jimbob0704 »

Yeah I thought they were coming in thick and fast too which actually made me think some of them might have been tested during their holidays, I don’t recall having mods released this quick on fs19
Owner of YouTube channel FS landscaping
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVa5pA ... kqx5eVXmxw
TomTom996

Post by TomTom996 »

Yep I think we are getting quite big batches of new mods every day so I dont see a reason to complain ... but some people like to complain & whine ... so