Giants breaking their own modding rules

Richard Dower

Giants breaking their own modding rules

Post by Richard Dower »

Check this one out, not a warning this time...an actual ERROR:

faulty I3ds
faulty I3d (file: FS22_kvernelandIXtrackT4/iXtrackT4.i3d)
custom warning: total polycount of scene is at least 589,105 triangles (warning threshold: 250,000)

Full Giants testrunner log enclosed, not the only thing wrong here. Once again.. i do not care about the errors themselves, what i care about is the fact that if a modder did what Giants have done here they would have failed the mod in testing.

Seems it is one rule for modders and another for Giants Software.
testResult_FS22_kvernelandIXtrackT4_FAIL.xml
(7.38 KiB) Downloaded 71 times
TheSuBBie

Re: Giants breaking their own modding rules

Post by TheSuBBie »

The DDS error is a known bug with the TestRunner tool, the basegameDuplicates will appear if you are testing a mod when using New Mod from Game in GE also the prohibited word will also be triggered as it is not a Giants mod but one you are creating.

All in all the only "error" is the being excessive but that is down to Giants themselves and I believe the poly count restriction is to avoid overly large polycount mods being submitted.
Crashmac

Post by Crashmac »

No doubt its frustrating to modders but It's Giants game, Giants rules, seems to me like they can do what they want. Who knows what they are working on behind the scenes.
Beastbubba

Post by Beastbubba »

Crashmac wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 5:18 pm Who knows what they are working on behind the scenes.
Well I hope it is fixing the bugs....
PC gamer.