Annoying FPS drop on rtx 3070ti

gruszon18

Annoying FPS drop on rtx 3070ti

Post by gruszon18 »

Hey guys. I've had a problem with fps for some time now. I think it's because of the graphics card and its usage % during the game. I tried different graphics settings, it is even worse at low settings than at high settings. According to GeForce Experience and etc, this game on my PC may run at Very High settings, and in fact it works at 60 fps on these settings, but there are such delicate drops in fps from 3 to 10 frames, and then the game lags for a fraction of a second, which is very irritable ..When looking at the task manager charts, it turns out that the drop in fps follows the sudden decrease in the usage on the graphics card.. The usage of the card varies depending on the graphics settings, from 25% to 65% .. I noticed that the game works much smoother with more card use, but these fps drops are still .. I tried to change the resolution, now I use 1920x1080, because it is recommended by Geforce Experience , also the last patch no longer allows you to increase the resolution. But I tried 3840x2160 on patch 1.5, then I saw just testing various settings that the game runs smoother with more use of the GPU. I also had a problem with a 5 second black screen while playing, or with a black screen and only background noise. Recently the game went down to the desktop, and after returning to the game window, the frames were limited to 34 .. The history of problems stretches from January, because then some driver update changed something and problems appeared.The described situations also took place in other games, The Witcher 3, The Forest, Fifa 22, Dying light, Batman Arkham Knight but much less often, although the black screen and the 30 fps drop in Batman was quite common. There were also cases that while watching something in the background on the second monitor, the sound from the game and the browser (Google Chrome) disappeared, the screen on which the game was displayed turned black and the browser stopped responding. I could continue playing after minimizing and maximizing the game, but I had to close the browser via the task manager.Around February, I changed the power supply to a more powerful one, 700W instead of 500W. I did it mainly because in the task manager each game had a very high level of energy consumption, but mainly at the prompt of forum users. But after changing the power supply, this level still does not change, so I do not know if I accidentally bought a power supply that was too small, maybe the drops in GPU performance are something related to the voltage drop. I would like to add that I have all the drivers up to date, and the system as well. I tested the performance in Farming Simulator on the original maps, without mods, but it didn't change anything. I also made a benchmark recently in FireStrike using 3DMark and made log file using hwinfo but unfortunately I cannot read this data

PC
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X, 3.9GHz,
MSI B450 GAMING PLUS MAX
SilentiumPC Fortis 3 RGB
Crucial Ballistix Sport LT, DDR4, 16 GB,3000MHz, CL15
SSD Silicon Power P34A80 1 TB M.2 2280 PCI-E x4 Gen3 NVMe
SilentiumPC Vero M 3 700w
Gigabyte Rtx 3070ti gaming OC 8gb