FS22 Animal Aging for Production

NefariusMonk

FS22 Animal Aging for Production

Post by NefariusMonk »

I'm looking for clarity on the impact of animal aging on production. For pigs, I understand aging is everything. I think pigs increase in value up to 18 months and should then be sold for peak value. Is that correct? For cows, sheep, and chickens, it is about what they produce. I realize there is a point when their sale value starts to decrease, but when their value starts to decrease, does their actual production decrease? Do cows produce less milk, sheep less wool, chickens less eggs? If so, is it linear with their value?
dan1109

Re: FS22 Animal Aging for Production

Post by dan1109 »

NefariusMonk wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 4:47 am I'm looking for clarity on the impact of animal aging on production. For pigs, I understand aging is everything. I think pigs increase in value up to 18 months and should then be sold for peak value. Is that correct? For cows, sheep, and chickens, it is about what they produce. I realize there is a point when their sale value starts to decrease, but when their value starts to decrease, does their actual production decrease? Do cows produce less milk, sheep less wool, chickens less eggs? If so, is it linear with their value?
Unlike Seasons 19, in FS22 animals do not die, and I'm certain they never produce less once they get very old.
LittleWatt

Re: FS22 Animal Aging for Production

Post by LittleWatt »

NefariusMonk wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 4:47 am I'm looking for clarity on the impact of animal aging on production. For pigs, I understand aging is everything. I think pigs increase in value up to 18 months and should then be sold for peak value. Is that correct? For cows, sheep, and chickens, it is about what they produce. I realize there is a point when their sale value starts to decrease, but when their value starts to decrease, does their actual production decrease? Do cows produce less milk, sheep less wool, chickens less eggs? If so, is it linear with their value?
This is one link of four videos, I think, that will help a bit. I don’t think the production goes down, but the resale value of the animal will decrease. Also, keep in mind these videos are older, but they’ll get you started.

https://youtu.be/iuPs_qpxAS0