Crops question

Bobble2020

Crops question

Post by Bobble2020 »

If i have seasons turned off and it takes say 6 months for a crop to grow , does it still takes 6 months if i have 3 or 4 days per month or does it then just take 6 ingame days , I am just wondering as currently while starting out i am playing 1 day per month but as my farm expands i may swap to more days per month
jeremyj621

Re: Crops question

Post by jeremyj621 »

Extending the days per month takes effect at the start of the next season, at which point, crops will take longer to grow as they have a fixed growth rate even if you disable seasons.
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

Turning seasons off just eliminates the planting calendar so basically you can plant any crop whenever you want, however the growth rate remains the same
Playing on PC and PS4
ace54858

Post by ace54858 »

Drmattymd wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 12:58 am Turning seasons off just eliminates the planting calendar so basically you can plant any crop whenever you want, however the growth rate remains the same
and thats what is stupid as not really turning seasons off just the seasonal planting and that so isn't how Giants made it sound before the game was released as why they said it made it sound like you can turn it off and have it like it was say in fs17 or 19 if ya didn't have the seasons mod installed.
Beanbrother

Post by Beanbrother »

I miss 19 seasons
Decriptus

Post by Decriptus »

It was never called "seasons" ....it's season cycle...big difference
Bobble2020

Post by Bobble2020 »

Thanks all for the replies to my question , I thought that was how it worked but wanted to be sure
LittleWatt

Post by LittleWatt »

Bobble2020 wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 10:43 pm If i have seasons turned off and it takes say 6 months for a crop to grow , does it still takes 6 months if i have 3 or 4 days per month or does it then just take 6 ingame days , I am just wondering as currently while starting out i am playing 1 day per month but as my farm expands i may swap to more days per month
I think the biggest factors in days per month is game speed and home much work you do yourself and how much you pay others. I do about half the fieldwork and all the harvesting outside of root crops. I typically go with 2 days. It seems to be a decent fit for the amount of time needed for field prep and harvesting. And not too boring in the winter months. I use the 2 day/month schedule even with large field farms like those on Southern Cross Station. I do use the seasons calendar so I have a window to squeeze everything into.

When switching to multiple days, you’ll need adjustment to the rush you might’ve experienced with just 1 day. You might even get up early to hurry for field work only to see there isn’t any to be done since you’re still in the same month.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

Beanbrother wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 4:59 am I miss 19 seasons
You are not alone in that.