New thoughts and ideas for the FS game

FarmLordXO

New thoughts and ideas for the FS game

Post by FarmLordXO »

My idea for a new difficulty level is the name survivors. The player should build the basis of his farm first with electricity, sewer, water and waste to even start production. Because nothing works without electricity, water and everything always becomes waste. From which a new role in the game is a garbage truck and such a facility.

I have a ideas also related to the following topics;
- How to City and Town areas can be better way as part of the game.
- A lot of new ideas about what kind of contracts could be available to the player and would allow the player to use most starting tactics.
- new ideas and areas for lawn care
- The dream that the game would have high-quality 3rd person character management, an example of the idea like in the games Red dead Redemption 2 and GTA V. Which would open a new and popular path for the game series.
12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-12900K
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
Memory: 32509 MB

https://www.twitch.tv/warlordxo
Drmattymd

Re: New thoughts and ideas for the FS game

Post by Drmattymd »

Sounds like you want to play sim city
Playing on PC and PS4
Andreas Albrecht

Post by Andreas Albrecht »

Sounds cool for me. I don’t need the point to care about city infrastructure. But to gave the cities more sense then to be simply decoration. A market to sell product or more traders for farm goods. Maybe a deeper sense for animal care and breeding like a rentable horse stables.
richnshaz

Post by richnshaz »

One thing I thought would be a good idea is a sell by date on your crops and price variations depending on how quick you get from field to market .greenhouse products getting stored in chilled warehouses potato’s being washed and waste being used as fertiliser and stones from potato sorters .would be nice to see more varieties off crops carrots n cabbage possible leeks and parsnips .
JonOne

Post by JonOne »

Logs in containers 👍🏻
What a joke…

There should be more focus on sustainable ag with the whole “precision” angle. It’s still biased towards tillage and there’s a penalty for no till which is weird. Also there’s no issue with pouring chemicals into waterways as run off from your barren fields once you spread lime in the fall. But, you know, all the people want is logging stuff I guess 😂
Jon, 29
Somewhere near the River Parishes.
I enjoy long slow drives in my combine, cold starts and red bird win streaks.
Please don’t feed the trolls.
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

When I used to haul for grandpa, there was only 1 elevator for almost 100 miles in any direction and it was on the nearest rail line. Only "town" nearby was about 15 miles up the road and they had a farmers market but it was small time for like gardeners and stuff. They didn't buy produce in bulk at all. And the only "farming" related thing the town itself had anything at all to do with was the tractor pulls and combine derbys at the annual town fair. And this is in central illinois which is farming country. The area I grew up in was much more populated with many towns dotted around and we only had a JD dealership, Kobota dealership, the feed mill to pick up supplies and 1 elevator in the whole area. Making "cities" a more prominent part of the game would really detract away from farming and gear it more toward a factory/production simulator.
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
StoneTheCrows

Post by StoneTheCrows »

PrincessJessi84 wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 5:13 pm When I used to haul for grandpa, there was only 1 elevator for almost 100 miles in any direction and it . Making "cities" a more prominent part of the game would really detract away from farming and gear it more toward a factory/production simulator.
This is true, but not necessarily a bad thing.

My current game is totally production based, with no farming at all. I did a start from scratch with the aim to build a production business. It's been enjoyable so far. There are some good mods even for console which enable automation of many steps. The game is all about handling the logistics.

I am using Griffin Illinois 22. My game works because the map has a decent sized town with plenty of empty building plots for sale. I tried it first on Elm Creek, buying fields and turning them into an industrial estate. But it didn't have the atmosphere or feel of a town.

Giants could improve this kind of game just by having wholesale purchase points for raw materials, where the price is related to the annual price calendar.

Okay, so it's not farming (beyond doing chickens, bee hives and greenhouses). But it adds another dimension, widens the appeal, and gives you something else to do when you get bored with the farm.
Lexie

Post by Lexie »

I really hope they will focus more on the farming side instead of productions. I hate the whole concept of it and do not use it. Maybe nice for a different game, but not in farming simulator. Thats my opinion, also I'm not that interested in logging, at least not in the way it works now. For OP, maybe Cities Skylines or Farm Manager are more your type of games, but please Giants, don't make FS a management game.
bojanh66

Post by bojanh66 »

Lexie wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 11:39 am I really hope they will focus more on the farming side instead of productions. I hate the whole concept of it and do not use it. Maybe nice for a different game, but not in farming simulator. Thats my opinion, also I'm not that interested in logging, at least not in the way it works now. For OP, maybe Cities Skylines or Farm Manager are more your type of games, but please Giants, don't make FS a management game.
I agree with this 100%, i am all into farming and a bit of animals, but mostly into arable farming.
I dont use production facilities nor forestry since i am not into it and physics are also blah...
I wish they focus more on arable farming, 3d mud (which require new game engine), better management and care of crops etc.
Right now in PF its direct seeder - wait for 1st green stage growth - fertilize - spot spraying - fast forward - harvest - repeat - and sometimes spread lime, which is kinda boring and repeatable without any random impact from weather, soil moisture, failed germination and things like that.
Game also need much better weather system to have influence on the crops, soil compaction, etc etc...so many ideas which will not be implemented.