Wind Turbines facing the wrong direction?

lukenas96

Wind Turbines facing the wrong direction?

Post by lukenas96 »

I'm not sure if it's intended to be upwind or downwind, cause they're facing upwind and generating 35% of the income they should even on full wind days.
Is it bugged or am I just missing something?
Manfi

Re: Wind Turbines facing the wrong direction?

Post by Manfi »

Wind has a lot of variables in play. First, it is determined on the beaufort scale. Second, turbine revenue is given as maximum as possible. It would have to blow 100% of the time at maximum and optimal speed. Remember, this will never be the case and some months are windier and others less so. Maximum earnings are given for both solar panels and turbines, which are only achievable under laboratory conditions.

rotSpeedFactor = MathUtil.clamp(windVelocity / spec.rotorOptimalWindSpeed, 0, 1)
income = factor * self.spec_windTurbine.rotSpeedFactor
incomePerHour = spec.incomePerHour * self:getIncomePerHourFactor() * g_currentMission.environment.timeAdjustment
perMonth = storeItem.specs.incomePerHour * 24
perMonth = 2820 * 24
perMonth = 67 680€"

Turbines themselves rotate optimally to the wind direction
https://youtu.be/lUozuZuvGog
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

I think it would depend how they are calculated. Irl I'm my area, the farmer get a flat fee for just having a turbine on their land, rather it was running or now. Idk about 22 but that's the feel I have gotten from them in past games.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
lukenas96

Post by lukenas96 »

What i meant was, place a wind turbine and speed up time, look at the direction the clouds are headed that's the direction of the wind. And in game the turbines face upwind and not downwind as they should.
Sneaks

Post by Sneaks »

you do know wind can move in different directions in different layers of atmosphere.. clouds can be moving south but closer to the ground the wind can be blowing north..
Playing TVTOF
playing on a Good Old PS4
crash

Post by crash »

Now we are expecting to much from a farming game again😆
Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway