Please explain this testing process

Mesocyclone

Please explain this testing process

Post by Mesocyclone »

I'm a bit confused now, Ola Haldor submitted yesterday his update for his map, according to his topic. It's already in testing. It's not a update for something game breaking, so just a new update. How is it possible that it's already in testing the next day? Do some people get priority over others? Nothing against Ola but when the waiting time for mods/updates are 8 days, how is this possible then?

I hope someone can explain, as I am a bit confused. As I've been told only updates that are necessary to fix a huge issue or something gamebreaking gets priority.

I'm not angry. I just wanna understand how the testing process changed all of a sudden.

Also English isn't my first language, so don't take it the wrong way if I said something not correctly.
Last edited by Mesocyclone on Thu Mar 02, 2023 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UncleRico

Re: Please explain? Do some people get priority?

Post by UncleRico »

Pretty sure they touch on this in one of the podcasts if you wanna listen through them
Mesocyclone

Post by Mesocyclone »

UncleRico wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 5:52 pm Pretty sure they touch on this in one of the podcasts if you wanna listen through them
I'll pass lol, but was hoping someone knew the answer and could explain. Thanks for your reply though :hi:
olahaldor

Post by olahaldor »

As far as I know maps have priority.
Except for that only testers can tell.

Perhaps there are no other maps in currently?

The change log is quite extensive. The first release for the map was back in July 2022, and a lot of experience enhancing things have been done since. :) While not "game breaking", it certainly makes the map more enjoyable.

Traffic congestion, random invisible collectibles from Elmcreek (which caused the player to crash and not be able to drive through a field), better forestry roads etc all add up to make the experience more fun, and long over due. :)
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

Well it’s been a while but if I remember right there’s some outstanding circumstances like what needs to be fixed, if the mod was for a community event, and possibly the speed its resubmitted. None of the reasons really showed favoritism in my opinion. Maybe Noraf will see this and can touch on it more, I’m pretty sure they listened to them as well. I would also recommend the podcasts, they answer at least half the most common questions the community asks if not more.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

The testing list is just a snapshot at that moment in time. For all we know, the test 1000 mods a day.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Mesocyclone

Post by Mesocyclone »

olahaldor wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 6:30 pm As far as I know maps have priority.
Except for that only testers can tell.

Perhaps there are no other maps in currently?
Ah yeah, possible. Like I said, not anything to do with you. Just trying to understand the process.

Thanks all for replying! :hi:
JDMFarms

Post by JDMFarms »

UncleRico wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 5:52 pm Pretty sure they touch on this in one of the podcasts if you wanna listen through them
I think DJGoham and Klutch on last weeks or week before's Farm Sim Show...pretty sure Kermit was in the comments confirming but I'm old, human, and memory cant be used in court.
Noraf

Re: Please explain this testing process

Post by Noraf »

Not sure if it's been a topic in a regular podcast, but I belive it was a topic in a couple of the live q/a sessions they had when they did those.

Also think it's been a topic mention during farmcon
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
Decriptus

Post by Decriptus »

Updates are in a different que than new mods so they get tested faster since they are already an existing mod or map
Mesocyclone

Post by Mesocyclone »

Decriptus wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:53 pm Updates are in a different que than new mods so they get tested faster since they are already an existing mod or map
Ah alright, thnx for clearing it up.
I understand it now.

Thank you everybody for your replies, appreciate it. *thumbsup*

*Topic can be closed, I received all answers needed*
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

Topic locked as requested by topic creator since the issue has been resolved.
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules