Separation between fields/creating fields

mountainboomer

Separation between fields/creating fields

Post by mountainboomer »

Is there a known distance between fields that will stop the AI worker from moving on to an adjacent field. I bought a huge parcel that did not have any fields and divided it up on section lines with the paint tool the width is slightly larger than a tractor.

I put a worker on a rolling job and it finished the field I wanted then moved over to another field unexpectedly.

Maybe I am not creating new fields properly. I have searched to see if there was a way to number newly created fields but came up dry.

I added on to an existing field and then it seemed to disappear. It was field 2. I possibly harvested the alfalfa before it was fully grown. That should not have removed the field from play. I had to recreate the field with plowing.

New player. Love the game. Thanks in advance for your help.

Farmer Pa
JDMFarms

Re: Separation between fields/creating fields

Post by JDMFarms »

implement size makes a difference from my observations. if on the last pass, the implement overlaps the layout ground and into the next field, it often thinks its still in the same field it started. try and make your field widths in factors of 3 meters as all base game implements are sized similarly. that way there is minimal overlap on your last pass of any field.
BostonJohnny1226

Post by BostonJohnny1226 »

Or first do a headland pass between the fields.
Mesocyclone

Post by Mesocyclone »

Just a tip: First do 1 or 2 headlands yourself so A.I. worker has enough room to turn around.
mountainboomer

Post by mountainboomer »

Thanks. I figured out that using the headlands works well.

I suspect there is no way to number fields without going into the editor.