Can't finish Cotton Contract

menecroth

Can't finish Cotton Contract

Post by menecroth »

I'm playing on Erlengrat. I took a contract to harvest cotton in field 2. The harvester is a John Deer CP690. It dropped off 2 complete bales but now the field is empty and the harvester didn't make a complete bale. There is no way to make it drop what it has so I'm stuck with the contract being incomplete.

It's obvious to me that this is something that was not well thought out. I wasn't aware that I wouldn't be able to empty the harvester with a partially formed bale.

Anyway, is there a remedy? The only thing I've seen is to edit the savegame file to force it to complete.
JensChrDK

Re: Can't finish Cotton Contract

Post by JensChrDK »

You should be able to press ctrl+i to unload the unfinished bale - or is it only the first chamber that is filled?
Been playing WAAAAY to many hours - PC with Logitech G27 and Thrustmaster Simtask Farmstick
menecroth

Post by menecroth »

JensChrDK wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:10 am You should be able to press ctrl+i to unload the unfinished bale - or is it only the first chamber that is filled?
I don't normally farm cotton so I'm not sure what you mean by that. It was a contract to harvest the field.
One bar showed me raw cotton. The bar under that showed a 25% complete bale. I had delivered 2 bales to the spinnery but it told me that the contract was incomplete still. Ctrl+i didn't work.

I ended up cancelling the contract and I just won't be doing any more of them for cotton.

Anyway, thanks for replying. :)
JensChrDK

Post by JensChrDK »

Yeah, the raw cotton is what I call the first chamber, and the bale is the second chamber. Raw cotton and the bale is probably a better term :blushnew:

But I don't understand why ctrl+i didn't work. :confusednew:
Been playing WAAAAY to many hours - PC with Logitech G27 and Thrustmaster Simtask Farmstick
ArcticRaider

Post by ArcticRaider »

It's been bugged since update 1.9 and it still isn't fixed. As of now, you can't unload partial bales (2500l, 5000l and 7500l) from chamber 2.
LittleWatt

Post by LittleWatt »

I only do cotton harvest contracts if the Case harvester is offered. Round bales can be problematic.
Ashtooth

Post by Ashtooth »

Harvest contracts have been bugged in one way or another since 19. Bugs that were reported and known to the developers in 19 have carried over to 22, and still not fixed. But we got new features though.
Disclaimer:
This name has been brought to you by the creative geniuses of the generic brand name....lizard.
CentrlMax

Post by CentrlMax »

I have the same issue, I will cancel the contract as there is no answer to this issue yet.
BazTheHat

Post by BazTheHat »

I gather the John Deere won't do a partial unload, but the Case harvester will.

I've also recently seen on ModHub a mod to force harvesting contracts to complete. Can't recall it's name, but it's something like Harvest Contract Completing(?).
Candyman35

Post by Candyman35 »

LittleWatt wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 10:33 pm I only do cotton harvest contracts if the Case harvester is offered. Round bales can be problematic.
I love the Case harvester lots better!! I did the Deere and got stuck at 98% no way to finish!
beef623

Post by beef623 »

I don't see a way to unload the Case harvester either. The farm plot I bought came with cotton already planted, but only produced 1517 which doesn't look like enough to unload. I leased the smallest harvester available, but I'm guessing I just have to return it without emptying it and I just lose the harvest?
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

beef623 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 6:37 pm I don't see a way to unload the Case harvester either. The farm plot I bought came with cotton already planted, but only produced 1517 which doesn't look like enough to unload. I leased the smallest harvester available, but I'm guessing I just have to return it without emptying it and I just lose the harvest?
It's been awhile since doing cotton but if I remember correctly, the Case harvester has to be a certain percentage full before you can unload a partial bale. I think around 25%.

I cannot believe this is still an issue...
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
ibm2fast4u

Post by ibm2fast4u »

Hey, chiming in here from Mid February 2024 - Still an issue.

Currently have a cotton contract at 97% complete and I cannot get the rest of the cotton out of the Deere.

I have been playing this for about 2 weeks now and I understand the lure of the game, but first I learned the hard way that after you do a bailing contract for a size that's bigger than the wrapper that there is no way to destroy the bails to try again at a smaller size, now something like this.... man these are the little things that get me frustrated and make me not want to come back but I want to push through and enjoy a casual game for a change.
Dorsai

Post by Dorsai »

One way of this issue is to perhaps buy cotton bales to use in finishing contract where cotton harvester will not unload. Until a more permanent fix is found. Y'all have a pleasant day!
Back in the day:
Owner/operator L Lazy M Hereford Ranch
Plays FS22 on a pc
"Put on a cowboy hat lose your mind" :hi:
Candyman35

Post by Candyman35 »

FarmCatJenkins wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:59 pm
beef623 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 6:37 pm I don't see a way to unload the Case harvester either. The farm plot I bought came with cotton already planted, but only produced 1517 which doesn't look like enough to unload. I leased the smallest harvester available, but I'm guessing I just have to return it without emptying it and I just lose the harvest?
It's been awhile since doing cotton but if I remember correctly, the Case harvester has to be a certain percentage full before you can unload a partial bale. I think around 25%.

I cannot believe this is still an issue...
I have never not been able to unload Case harvester but John Deere wont unless 2nd chamber is full.