Enhance Animal System Resource Issue

harag9

Enhance Animal System Resource Issue

Post by harag9 »

hi all

We have a couple of cow barns with 150 cows making milk etc. as I need the milk to run the productions we have. We've been playing the same map for a while now (5 years?) and decided to try out the Enhance Animal System as it sounds a really good mod. Loving the sound of the overcrowding / births etc. and think it will be good on our next map we play on.

However, we've noticed the cows (and other animals) eat/use 10x more TMR/Straw and produce much more milk, slurry manure than before. We are now finding we are constantly topping up and emptying the milk / slurry out as the barns only hold like 30k milk and 50k TMR - we play on a 12 day month, and find this is now taking over our farming to keep the cows fed and emptied so they don't drop to 0 HP

How does everyone else manage this issue? are there special barns (cow, sheep pigs etc.) made for the EAS mod. Any suggestions, recommendations on how to proceed on a new map? If the barns held much more of the goods then it wouldn't be such a problem.

Thanks for any info, would really love to use this mod, but this undocumented "feature" is making it much more of a chore (no mention of it on the mod page).
Angler1409

Re: Enhance Animal System Resource Issue

Post by Angler1409 »

You could edit the barns to hold more TMR, milk, etc or you could edit the EAS mod to reduce what the cows consume/produce or you could reduce the amount of cows you have to compensate for the increased consumption/production.
harag9

Post by harag9 »

Angler1409 wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 10:00 pm You could edit the barns to hold more TMR, milk, etc or you could edit the EAS mod to reduce what the cows consume/produce or you could reduce the amount of cows you have to compensate for the increased consumption/production.
I was thinking about that, and maybe editing the EAS mod to reduce the numbers down. but was wondering more along the lines of if I started a new map without editing would it be an issue, I have 2 x 200 barns of cows at the moment (prior to adding mod) but in a new game maybe just 75 cows is enough to do the same.
Angler1409

Post by Angler1409 »

harag9 wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 10:40 pm
Angler1409 wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 10:00 pm You could edit the barns to hold more TMR, milk, etc or you could edit the EAS mod to reduce what the cows consume/produce or you could reduce the amount of cows you have to compensate for the increased consumption/production.
I was thinking about that, and maybe editing the EAS mod to reduce the numbers down. but was wondering more along the lines of if I started a new map without editing would it be an issue, I have 2 x 200 barns of cows at the moment (prior to adding mod) but in a new game maybe just 75 cows is enough to do the same.
That is why my 3rd option is reduce your current herd, no need to start a new save unless you want to.
harag9

Post by harag9 »

Angler1409 wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 10:53 pm
harag9 wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 10:40 pm
That is why my 3rd option is reduce your current herd, no need to start a new save unless you want to.
Yes, thinking about this option, though we might start a new map soon, so removed the mod for now. Thanks
Fise1996

Post by Fise1996 »

basket random
harag9 wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 6:01 pm hi all

We have a couple of cow barns with 150 cows making milk etc. as I need the milk to run the productions we have. We've been playing the same map for a while now (5 years?) and decided to try out the Enhance Animal System as it sounds a really good mod. Loving the sound of the overcrowding / births etc. and think it will be good on our next map we play on.

However, we've noticed the cows (and other animals) eat/use 10x more TMR/Straw and produce much more milk, slurry manure than before. We are now finding we are constantly topping up and emptying the milk / slurry out as the barns only hold like 30k milk and 50k TMR - we play on a 12 day month, and find this is now taking over our farming to keep the cows fed and emptied so they don't drop to 0 HP

How does everyone else manage this issue? are there special barns (cow, sheep pigs etc.) made for the EAS mod. Any suggestions, recommendations on how to proceed on a new map? If the barns held much more of the goods then it wouldn't be such a problem.

Thanks for any info, would really love to use this mod, but this undocumented "feature" is making it much more of a chore (no mention of it on the mod page).
You can build a larger barn or install a bunker to increase the amount of TMR and straw you can store. Build larger barns to store more resources and waste without having to constantly manage them.
semer de bonnes graines basket random
harag9

Post by harag9 »

Fise1996 wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 4:58 am basket random
harag9 wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 6:01 pm hi all

You can build a larger barn or install a bunker to increase the amount of TMR and straw you can store. Build larger barns to store more resources and waste without having to constantly manage them.
You mean next to the animal pen? does it "connect" like manure does? -- On a map I'm playing on "Attingham park" when I put straw on the animal pen it seems to go into the sile for my 2nd farm, I thought it was a bug. so stopped using the farm