P&K fertilizer instead of just nitrogen

Farmer1277

P&K fertilizer instead of just nitrogen

Post by Farmer1277 »

I work for a living at a co-op spreading fertilizer. It bothers me that we literally only spread urea(nitrogen) on all of the crops in the game. Soybeans require potash, dap and cal-sul. Alfalfa requires similar as well. Grass requires a blend of urea and potash sometimes. The fertilizer isn't quite realistic in this game imo and I wish we could see it expanded upon.
Hoss1

Re: P&K fertilizer instead of just nitrogen

Post by Hoss1 »

I agree. I think it would not only add some realism, but add another dynamic to the individual yield of each crop. Of course I say all this with no knowledge of actually programming it into the game.
Playing on Xbox since FS15
Newholme_Farm

Post by Newholme_Farm »

Farmer1277 wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 2:47 pm I work for a living at a co-op spreading fertilizer. It bothers me that we literally only spread urea(nitrogen) on all of the crops in the game. Soybeans require potash, dap and cal-sul. Alfalfa requires similar as well. Grass requires a blend of urea and potash sometimes. The fertilizer isn't quite realistic in this game imo and I wish we could see it expanded upon.
100% agree. I have the Polish Big Bag mod, which has a PK option, plus the UK Big Bag has a 20-10-10 blend but it's only the bag design... what's inside is just 'Fertilizer' which is frustrating.

Also, soy beans are a legume, so unresponsive to Nitrogen top dressing. They are a nitrogen fixing crop, so take their N requirements from the atmosphere, yet we have to pointlessly apply fertilizer in order to get a good yield.
Totenfarmer

Post by Totenfarmer »

Newholme_Farm wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 7:56 pm
Farmer1277 wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 2:47 pm I work for a living at a co-op spreading fertilizer. It bothers me that we literally only spread urea(nitrogen) on all of the crops in the game. Soybeans require potash, dap and cal-sul. Alfalfa requires similar as well. Grass requires a blend of urea and potash sometimes. The fertilizer isn't quite realistic in this game imo and I wish we could see it expanded upon.
100% agree. I have the Polish Big Bag mod, which has a PK option, plus the UK Big Bag has a 20-10-10 blend but it's only the bag design... what's inside is just 'Fertilizer' which is frustrating.

Also, soy beans are a legume, so unresponsive to Nitrogen top dressing. They are a nitrogen fixing crop, so take their N requirements from the atmosphere, yet we have to pointlessly apply fertilizer in order to get a good yield.
If you use presicion farming the soybeans doesn't need fertilizer.

I agree with OP, I mentioned in another thread how PF is a cheap knock off of the "SoilMod" we had in earlier FS, you had to irrigate and had different types of fertilizer you had to use to get the best yield possible; so it's absolutely possible for the game engine to handle this, it's just Giants being Giants again and not follow trough with what they do. It's really a shame, and I hope it gets added at some point.
Newholme_Farm

Post by Newholme_Farm »

Totenfarmer wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 8:36 pm
Good to know, I will try that mod on my next map, thanks
Totenfarmer

Post by Totenfarmer »

Newholme_Farm wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 8:56 pm
Totenfarmer wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 8:36 pm
Good to know, I will try that mod on my next map, thanks
Np, and you really should, it's a game changer if you like working with soil, even if it's not as complete as it could have been it's very comprehensive. So be sure to read the help section that will show up ingame in the help menu.