Importing placeables xml to giants editor

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
Bullet009900

Importing placeables xml to giants editor

Post by Bullet009900 »

I'm trying to customize some maps to my liking but not being able to see the placeables in the editor is making it really difficult.
Ive not found an easy way to import the placeables back into giants editor (Ballyspring), or if they are there but hidden how to reveal them, is the only way to manually import the item and copy/paste the coords?
samSpade

Re: Importing placeables xml to giants editor

Post by samSpade »

Bullet009900 wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 9:51 am I'm trying to customize some maps to my liking but not being able to see the placeables in the editor is making it really difficult.
Ive not found an easy way to import the placeables back into giants editor (Ballyspring), or if they are there but hidden how to reveal them, is the only way to manually import the item and copy/paste the coords?
You open your map in the editor and then you go to file - import - your placeable.i3d

I tell you how i do it: going ingame and make a new savegame with enough money. then i place my placeable on the right place and save it.
opening my map in the editor, import my placeable and catch the coordinates from the new savegame (last entry in the placeable.xml).
mark your placeable and add the values in x,y,z

now it is in the right place and the right hight and i can working around with terrain and so on.