Wheel Loaders - Counterweights?

RJ_Dobbs

Wheel Loaders - Counterweights?

Post by RJ_Dobbs »

Probably a dumb question, but are there counterweights that work with the wheel loaders in the game? It seems I have the knack of trying to lift things that are just too heavy, so they either tip over or the rear-end lifts up. I seem to recall these vehicles have a pretty heavy lifting capacity, are the real life ones this limited as well and I am just not seeing it? I'd love some people's thoughts on this.
UncleRico

Re: Wheel Loaders - Counterweights?

Post by UncleRico »

You would have to share what you’re trying to lift and how much of it and with what machine. Certain loaders have counterweights and others don’t so you’d have to hunt around. Rockin r Ranch has a deere I use that you can add counterweight to that’s the only one I can name off the top of my head.
RJ_Dobbs

Post by RJ_Dobbs »

UncleRico wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 4:13 am You would have to share what you’re trying to lift and how much of it and with what machine. Certain loaders have counterweights and others don’t so you’d have to hunt around. Rockin r Ranch has a deere I use that you can add counterweight to that’s the only one I can name off the top of my head.
I thought that I had put it in there. My bad. I am using a Claas Torion 1914. I find that I tip it over when trying to lift more than two large (180cm) bales of silage, hay or straw. I also can flip it over trying to right a truck that got struck by AI traffic and flipped over (I was trying to retrieve the payload from the ditch). I just ask as I noticed that it had a hitch, but that hitch doesn't seem to lash up to anything.

If I wanted to step up, I suppose a Volvo L180H seems to be the heaviest beast in the game - but that would mean a replacement for all my wheel loader accessories, I'd imagine.
W1der

Post by W1der »

[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
DanL58

Post by DanL58 »

In a SealyP video I was watching recently he was using a rear wheel loader weight that could be adjusted heavier or lighter while in use. I have not tried to find the mod yet.
b101uk

Post by b101uk »

lol the default Claas Torion 1914 will lift ~12 tonnes in-game at full steering articulation, which is ~0.4 tonnes short of the IRL 12.4 tonnes, and that is with the boom at maximum effective radius, as for bales it will quite happily lift x8 silage bales at 5000L\815kg each at again maximum effective radius.

keep in mind some things that get pinned by AI traffic can become immovable, likewise a truck with a loaded trailer comes in at significantly more than 12 tonnes, and righting such things with with wheel-loader in-game is more about technique and using the leverage and fulcrum of the bucket etc, than just pure lifting.
plays FS15/FS17/FS19/FS22 on PC
:zunge:
Urinal2001

Post by Urinal2001 »

I use the weight from THIS PACK.

It's adjustable to whatever weight you need at any given time, so I suspect it's what is mentioned above by DanL58.