Map making using Giants editor

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
Farmer-Giles

Map making using Giants editor

Post by Farmer-Giles »

Hi all, iv only been playing FS since FS19 was given free with ps4 put soon got hooked on it and been playing FS22 since it's release, I'd like to be able to attempt to make a map of my own but am struggling with giants editor.
Iv watched online video of how to make a blank map but am struggling to find any step by step videos that show how to create roads, rivers hills etc.
And as I'm not as quick at picking things up as I used to be was hoping for some easy to follow videos.
Tiredasagiraffe

Re: Map making using Giants editor

Post by Tiredasagiraffe »

Try out Bauer Brown, he's quite easy to follow and has a whole tutorial series on creating a map.
Welcome to the rabbit hole that is Farm Sim map-making!

https://www.youtube.com/@bauerbrown
wrinkleysRule

Post by wrinkleysRule »

Lots of info/tutorials/scripts for map making available here

https://farmerboysmodding.com/index.php ... 9-mapping/

disregard the 19-mapping in the link, it is for FS22

Farmer-Giles

Post by Farmer-Giles »

Thanks all I'll give them a try.
Farmer-Giles

Post by Farmer-Giles »

Thanks Guys for getting intouch with site to check out to create my own maps but im lost as to why giants made a editor but dont explain how to make a map using it looked at bauerbrown youtube site and after a few minites i was lost and couldnt follow what he was doing.
TheSuBBie

Post by TheSuBBie »

Giants have made some video's on how to use the Giants Editor they are available here

https://gdn.giants-software.com/videoTutorials2.php Log in require for downloads

I suggest you start with Modding Video Tutorials 3.0 (Farming Simulator 17) series then follow up with Modding Video Tutorials 4.0 (Farming Simulator 19) although these seies are for earlier versions of the game most of the basics are still the same for FS22 so it will give you a good grounding in the use of Giants Editor.
Farmer-Giles

Post by Farmer-Giles »

Thankyou TheSuBBie for your help i just got one more question are these video tutorials in english anywhere as i dont speak or understand German?
Farmer-Giles

Post by Farmer-Giles »

OK found English videos thanks I'll just take my time and try to follow them.
TheSuBBie

Post by TheSuBBie »

Using those video's it is best to create(or download) a blank map to try out and get used to all the functions in GE, but be prepared for a steep learning curve.