New crop seeders...

RJ_Dobbs

New crop seeders...

Post by RJ_Dobbs »

Is it just my imagination, or does the seeders for the new crops seem really really limited in terms of seed storage. We've got seeders and planters that hold thousands of liters for every other crop type - but for premium crops, the seed hoppers are seriously small. Am I missing something?
Earnest Pea

Re: New crop seeders...

Post by Earnest Pea »

The seeds for those crops are seriously tiny. I've planted some small to medium sized fields where I only used about half the seed in the hoppers. The RL version is basically the same.

I've added a video I found of some carrot planting in Wisconsin. It shows field preparation followed by planting. There's a good close up of the carrot seeds and planter after the 3 minute mark. Its a different planter than the one in game, but it still has small hoppers.

Planting Carrots in Wisconsin
KnowhutImean?
PC|XB1
RJ_Dobbs

Post by RJ_Dobbs »

Earnest Pea wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 7:29 am The seeds for those crops are seriously tiny. I've planted some small to medium sized fields where I only used about half the seed in the hoppers. The RL version is basically the same.

I've added a video I found of some carrot planting in Wisconsin. It shows field preparation followed by planting. There's a good close up of the carrot seeds and planter after the 3 minute mark. Its a different planter than the one in game, but it still has small hoppers.

Planting Carrots in Wisconsin
The reason I brought it up was because I've been playing Iowa Plains View map, took a contract to plant red beets on field number #23. Took like twenty fills of the seeder to get it done. Didn't take more than half of one big bag pallet, so cost wasn't really the issue - more the fact that the hoppers' capacities seem...a bit small?

Other than that, I've really been enjoying the added content - just noticed this so I figured I would ask. :)
hun3

Post by hun3 »

I would add one of those front seed tanks to the tractor and you re good to go.
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

hun3, with one of those front hoppers and the low seed rate, you could do the whole map :mrgreen:
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
LittleWatt

Post by LittleWatt »

On Farming Simulator Academy it actually gives the seed usage and crop yields for each new veggie. I planted all the crops, and didn’t find seed use that high. Although it did feel like parsnips used the most seed contrarily to the FSA page. I’m still testing this though.
JensChrDK

Post by JensChrDK »

LittleWatt wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:12 pm On Farming Simulator Academy it actually gives the seed usage and crop yields for each new veggie. I planted all the crops, and didn’t find seed use that high. Although it did feel like parsnips used the most seed contrarily to the FSA page. I’m still testing this though.
I'm on FSA's side here, I was surprised at how fast the planter ran out of seeds when planting red beet.
Been playing WAAAAY to many hours - PC with Logitech G27 and Thrustmaster Simtask Farmstick
LittleWatt

Post by LittleWatt »

I’m still testing. But I’m sure FSA is correct about seeds and yield. There’s no reason to think Giants is wrong.