Renaming Buildings

Helazak

Renaming Buildings

Post by Helazak »

I am trying to organize my production facilities so I am changing their names to help me find stuff faster.
However, the name change function does not always take. Some facilities wont take any change, others will let me change it but when I save, quit and restart it didnt take.

Is there a different way to change a name that works better than using the construction menu and selecting the facility?
FS22 on PC, FS14, FS16, FS20 on iPhone Not a gamer. Most gamer jargon goes over my head.
Started playing for the education about farming.

Amateur (noob) Farmer 5 mostly forested acres
Tractor: Kubota M4900 (54HP), w/ Loader bucket and forks
Attachments: log splitter, Chipper/shredder, finish mower, scrape blade, rock rake, double moldboard plow, rototiller, Garden Bedder
Eische

Re: Renaming Buildings

Post by Eische »

If a building can be renamed is specified in the xml file.
Search for parameter canBeRenamed. Should be in the <base> section of the xml.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
Angler1409

Post by Angler1409 »

In addition to what Eische said you could edit the placeables.xml and add the name tag to the buildings.
Add name="NAME HERE" next to the farm ID and it should show in game.
Helazak

Post by Helazak »

umm which XML file?
FS22 on PC, FS14, FS16, FS20 on iPhone Not a gamer. Most gamer jargon goes over my head.

Attachments: log splitter, Chipper/shredder, finish mower, scrape blade, rock rake, double moldboard plow, rototiller, Garden Bedder
Angler1409

Post by Angler1409 »

Helazak wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:36 pm umm which XML file?
The placeables.xml in the save game folder or if you are referring to what Eische said then the xml for that building whether it be a building included in the map files or one loaded from base game files.
BreadCakesCash

Post by BreadCakesCash »

I have run into this exact issue; it’s frustrating my efforts to keep my bakeries well supplied because I would like to give them different names which will make it plain which of them needs milk and eggs. Did the xml editing solution suggested here help you at all?
Helazak

Post by Helazak »

BreadCakesCash wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 9:15 pm I have run into this exact issue; it’s frustrating my efforts to keep my bakeries well supplied because I would like to give them different names which will make it plain which of them needs milk and eggs. Did the xml editing solution suggested here help you at all?
Yep that did it. I went into my savegame1 directory and made a copy of placeables.xml just in case. Opened the file with Notepad and used the search function to locate the different facilities. Only a few did not have the name="something" variable. Most had it already.

Made edits to make my stuff more organized and hit save and restarted the game.

I am using the mod Production Revamp which alphabetizes the productions and lets me hide the inactive production lines which really cleans things up.

https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2022