Growth and crops times

Deutz1982

Growth and crops times

Post by Deutz1982 »

Hey Peeps!

Again i need some help from you all here.
I still couldnt figure out at what times the crops pass to the next stage. I noticed that it's most likelly a timed event for all crops but couldnt figure out at what times does the stage jump happens.

Thanks in advance for the help!
Deutz1982

Re: Growth and crops times

Post by Deutz1982 »

Anyone? ;)
Nina

Post by Nina »

from what I have read on the forums so far, it is anywhere between 20 and 26 hours but has bugs that may make it as early as some of it being ready to harcvest before your done planting and fertalizing the field, and the rest wont be ready till normal times. or oyu get a field ready in several differant stages despite being planted all at once.
Plasmatic

Post by Plasmatic »

Nina wrote:from what I have read on the forums so far, it is anywhere between 20 and 26 hours but has bugs that may make it as early as some of it being ready to harcvest before your done planting and fertalizing the field, and the rest wont be ready till normal times. or oyu get a field ready in several differant stages despite being planted all at once.
That only ever happeneds to me when I try to plant with timescale active..

I always seed at realtime, and it has never happened again.

Takes about 10-13 min (its what I've narrowed it down to) or so for seeds to grow and be ready for harvest (at x120)
Deutz1982

Post by Deutz1982 »

I'am under the impression that the growth stages are a timed event, like at 08:00 and 16:00 for example and every time you get to that time the crops level up to the next stage but i'm not 100% sure yet. I could be wrong tho! ;)

Thanks for the help so far and i hope to get more feedback from other people.
Top Soil

Post by Top Soil »

My experience is that crop growth is not tied to specific in game numerical time such as 4pm, it's meant to be a certain number of hours after planting.

There is a bit of clutter as I think growth times are boxed - meaning that anything planted in a 20 minute period all grows together. And also by a few minor bugs I've witnessed many times, where the last bit planted might be the first to grow, or a small patch in the middle of a field for some weird reason maturing hours after the rest of the field.

In general, using the "fast growth" option, I know grass fields mature in around 18 hours, I admit I haven't timed the normal crops but I think the 26 game hours duration might be normal growth speed, and fast growth would be closer to 18. Sorry I can't confirm that, it's an impression in my brain.
Top Soil

Post by Top Soil »

Just as an example of this:

I farm about 10 fields, they all mature together. With 2-3 harvesters, real time speed, it takes me 2 hours minimum to harvest them all. After the first few swaths, I get the sower going - so planting is complete in about 2.5 hours or so.

I then do my mowing and baling (ha! no more baling with latest 2Rivers!) and cow feeding - spraying the fields, etc -- and once done I spin up game speed to 120x. when the fields go dark orange I slow it down to 30 or so, and the moment the first one gets one green sliver I go to real time.

Invariably -- and I'm not exaggerating it happens every single time - 5 minutes later every single field is all green, even though it took 2.5 hours to plant them. Maturation can happen at any time of day, from midnight to whenever, although I wish it was always at 8am or 4pm so there was light by which to harvest.

Therefore, I believe there are time boxes that grow together (and the time boxes are reasonably long) - and some weirdness that sometimes has the last planted grow first, or leave little patches that mature in the next two hours for some odd reason.
Wevee

Post by Wevee »

Top Soil wrote:Just as an example of this:

I farm about 10 fields, they all mature together. With 2-3 harvesters, real time speed, it takes me 2 hours minimum to harvest them all. After the first few swaths, I get the sower going - so planting is complete in about 2.5 hours or so.

I then do my mowing and baling (ha! no more baling with latest 2Rivers!) and cow feeding - spraying the fields, etc -- and once done I spin up game speed to 120x. when the fields go dark orange I slow it down to 30 or so, and the moment the first one gets one green sliver I go to real time.

Invariably -- and I'm not exaggerating it happens every single time - 5 minutes later every single field is all green, even though it took 2.5 hours to plant them. Maturation can happen at any time of day, from midnight to whenever, although I wish it was always at 8am or 4pm so there was light by which to harvest.

Therefore, I believe there are time boxes that grow together (and the time boxes are reasonably long) - and some weirdness that sometimes has the last planted grow first, or leave little patches that mature in the next two hours for some odd reason.
Okay, this is almost the exact same as I do and see! *thumbsup* also in love with the new English 2Rivers, though I am getting a few weird textures like canola.

But anyways, this is as good an explanation as you will get until the patch hits, I am hoping that crop growth issues get addressed.
pigpen

Post by pigpen »

i believe the potatoes take longer to become ready for harvest.that is why i don't grow them anymore. plus the price crashes and burns on them.
Alienware PC.
Tath

Post by Tath »

My fields always mature in lines from the top of the map and downwards. This despite the fact that I often seed in the opposite direction. This also should support something along the lines of what Top Soil says.
Col.Neville

Post by Col.Neville »

its stored in the map as growthStateTime="2.4e+007" time of each stage just about everything has 8 stages unless you change it to 7 to prevent wilting. i think its in milliseconds
Deutz1982

Post by Deutz1982 »

Tath wrote:My fields always mature in lines from the top of the map and downwards. This despite the fact that I often seed in the opposite direction. This also should support something along the lines of what Top Soil says.
Same thing happens to me! This is why i was asking if it's not a event that happens at a specific time of day instead of the number of hours it was planted.

Thx for all the feedback so far