So am I missing anything?

farmboy002

So am I missing anything?

Post by farmboy002 »

Well boys and girls am I missing anything? Is it still the same as 15? *thumbsdown* Or is it much better then 15? *thumbsup*
DukaSoft

Re: So am I missing anything?

Post by DukaSoft »

Take a look at some youtube video's and judge for yourself :hi:
PC User
Specs:
Intel i7-6700k @4.00Ghz
Nvidia Geforce GTX 1070
16GB - 2133MHz RAM
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
farmboy002

Post by farmboy002 »

DukaSoft wrote:Take a look at some youtube video's and judge for yourself :hi:
Good idea.. I'll do that... *thumbsup*
vic09x

Post by vic09x »

farmboy002 wrote:Well boys and girls am I missing anything? Is it still the same as 15? *thumbsdown* Or is it much better then 15? *thumbsup*
My personal opinion, is not the same... is similar... there is not much too see on the first run, but i think there are many new features that will make you play longer...

May i ask what did you expect? i think is a farming game... does the job... i would have love to see some features like:

ETS2 Sleeping need system
Employes for a fixed daily salary to do the tasks you ask them to do
Better Rental vehicles system (the one they added is not right, prices are way off)
Better Bank loans (Better payments, better everything)
Equipment delivery for a fixed rate to your farm (I get it, is realistic, but last night i had to make 3 runs to the town to bring all three belts of the conveyor)
Better workers (they get stucked way too much)

But hey... i like the game so far...
Doobers2982

Post by Doobers2982 »

much better
X1 user and FS addict
thunderhawk

Post by thunderhawk »

farmboy002 wrote:Well boys and girls am I missing anything? Is it still the same as 15? *thumbsdown* Or is it much better then 15? *thumbsup*
If you liked fs 15 You Wont be disappointed with fs 17 its got all kinds of new settings and stuff
Dell XPS 720 Intel Core 2 Quad Extreme 3.0ghz
Liquid cooled with a 120mm x 240mm radiator twin 120mm cooler master SickleFlow fans
Nvidia GTX 660ti
Patch 1.4.4 Windows 7 home
Playing through a Sanyo 50" tv
farmboy002

Post by farmboy002 »

Well I did like DukaSoft said and watch a little YouTube on fs17 And I will have to say looks pretty much the same as 15 with a few new things. I do not think I'm going to buy it. Just not enough new things in it to give up my money for. And I,m still playing 15 for now. But I guess I'm just getting FS burn out all together. I have been playing scene fs2011. So ya it's still the same old game with a face lift. And if I ever get enough money to buy a new P.C. I would like to go back to my Trainz simulator game I have that I have not been able to play scene the P.C. I was playing it on took a dump on me.
richief66

Post by richief66 »

what did you expect? FS17 is far way more different than FS15 but also similar in ways like vic09x says. the problems people are having with the game I believe? is because they are trying to manipulate to much of they're gaming experience to resemble FS15. if all your trying to do? is make an-updated version of FS15 then yes- FS17 wont seem any different, however the mission work you do on fields is worth its weight in gold.
Last edited by richief66 on Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skittysmom

Post by Skittysmom »

I think it will be a bit better at keeping interest because it's a bit more complex. I still want to go inside some buildings. I don't know why. I still want horses and the ability to move animals from one field to another. I'm happy with it, though.
reider

Post by reider »

I was dubious, got to admit. I have the greatest respect for Farming simulator 2015 and had great times with it. I too got burnout and was looking constantly for new map experiences. I started playing stranded Deep and th eForest instead but then I saw Squirrel doing a live stream before it was released and I knew I had to get it. So I bought it I think the 22nd or 23rd and it released in the evening of the 24th. No going back now and it isn't novelty value, I like this release far better than 15 when it was released. But don't get me wrong I still love FS15.
strudders2112

Post by strudders2112 »

Done 15 hours or so. What I will say is don't expect a new game. Visually, the models are Thea same as 15 however what sets it apart is the additional options they have added to the game. On PC they have pretty much added the best of the 15 mods to the game.

Pigs and selling livestock is now a thing,
Draw distance settings in graphics option (also editing the game.xml can increase that further still. I have it set to 400)
hired helpers are now really useful and can do a great deal more of the jobs,
Vehicle upgrades are available, really useful when starting out,
new crops,
tip anywhere on the map..

That's all I have encountered so far and I know there are loads more. Also seems a lot less painful than 15 launch. I have not come across any major bugs is my time in game...
Zetor9145

Post by Zetor9145 »

The one thing that has really surprised me in the past hour or so, The hired workers seem to work any shape field now. 15 you had to start them on a certain side just to know they would turn around on the headland.
Leasing is very useful.
BullFarmer

Post by BullFarmer »

Zetor9145 wrote:The one thing that has really surprised me in the past hour or so, The hired workers seem to work any shape field now. 15 you had to start them on a certain side just to know they would turn around on the headland.
Leasing is very useful.
What fields have you used that are odd shaped?
I am looking to buy a couple of odd shaped ones on Gold Crest purely because they are near the farm, but wasn't sure how workers would handle them.
Playing on PS4 and PC.
I7 3.5Ghz, 8GB RAM, GTX960 2Gb graphics.

Farmer/tractor driver in real life.
Validus

Post by Validus »

Completely new things in FS17:
  • -New crops (Sunflowers and Soybeans)
    -New job system where you work on the other fields owned by npcs as a sort of hired helper
    -Pigs
    -Head tracking via TrackIR and eye tracking via Tobii Eyex (Head tracking was huge for me as a realism fan. Haven't left cab view yet)
    -Tie down straps on trailers to secure loads
    -Manual engine start
    -Hard mode changes multiple things to actually make it a challenge instead of just lower selling prices
    -Ability to pick things up with your bare hands
    -Customizable vehicles and tools that allow you to change tires, engines, colors, loadout options (foresty mode or bale mode on the Stepa trailer for example)
    -Tire deformation (load up a heavy load and watch the tire squish under the weight)
Reworked things in FS17:
  • -Rework of the animal care system along with a detailed menu to keep track of it all
    -Physics redone so vehicles and items feel better (not perfect, but a step in the right direction) and logs don't go rolling due to an anthill sized slope
    -New lighting system that makes everything more natural (tractors don't super shine and night looks good)
    -Speaking of lighting, while there is no visible sun, a virtual one does exist. Noticable by the moving shadows and how the sunflowers track it across the sky
Standard expected upgrades:
  • -New vehicles
    -New map
    -Upgraded graphics
I'm sure there are still things that I'm missing but that's what I can think of right now. Doesn't just seem like the same old FS15 to me. Not trying to tell you what to do, just making sure you are well informed in your choice. :biggrin2:
Beastofwar

Post by Beastofwar »

I really like how vehicles have engine operation timers now and you are faced with devaluation and wear costs as that timer mounts up. Like it is in real life.

No longer you get a fixed percentage for your used equipment and vehicles when you sell them no matter how long you used them, you actually will pay for every operating hour in devaluation ! So you need even more money for a new one since your old one will be scrap value after intensive use. Not selling the old one is inadvisable either as maintenance costs also go up with every operating hour on the timer.

This very welcome complexity alone will make me never return to FS15.

I do struggle with the leasing though.....i havent figured out yet if it is actually interesting as the devaluation and maintenance costs seem to be included in the lease price. That lease price seems steep and uninteresting, but the costs of maintenance and devaluation of owned vehicles are less visible but very real and high too.
Intel i5 3570K 3.40 GHZ (Quad Core)
8 GB Memory DDR3
R9 280 GFX card 3GB DDR5
1x 64GB SDD 1x 128 GB SDD 1x 1TB HDD
Win 10 Professional 64 bit