money cheats

elmdog1950

money cheats

Post by elmdog1950 »

Have downloaded money cheats, but don't know how to use it. Can someone let me know what I need to do to get the cheats to work ? thanks
Snuggles101

Re: money cheats

Post by Snuggles101 »

ctrl+alt+9

try that
TopSoil

Post by TopSoil »

you can also just edit your game file with notepad+++ or something.
Farmer2B

Post by Farmer2B »

Snuggles101 wrote:ctrl+alt+9

try that
For me it's ctrl+alt+0, and interestingly enough, while you are in a vehicle
Cajunwolf

Post by Cajunwolf »

All this stuff does is ruin the game for you.
RogsR35UK

Post by RogsR35UK »

(Console) I made use of the money exploit on one save, though I have another save using the same map on which I have not used it.
Farmer2B

Post by Farmer2B »

Cajunwolf wrote:All this stuff does is ruin the game for you.
Not really, stuff like putting in a train to drive from one side of a map to another, oh yeah, you already know that, ruins it for me. I mean it brings so much more realism into a game like this, right? Same with the pallets of everything, that really makes it more realistic too, same with the grass cutting, that needed to be changed also, ahh never mind, oh yeah, lets not forget you can use your hands, yeah to lift something up and then drop it or throw it, but not actually use any of the items is pretty realistic also, that's the **** that ruined this game for me, not the money cheat that allows me to purchase and play the way I want to which is why I have played FS since 2009.
Faelandaea

Post by Faelandaea »

Well I use money cheats for my review and testing profile. It allows me to buy anything as I download it to test it in a safe environment before deciding if I want to use it on my actual profile. So there are situations where doing money stuff is good.

As for the OP ... not sure how you do it on a console, but if you are a PC user, simply go to your save game location, which is in DOCUMENTS\My Games\FarmingSimulator2017\savegame1 and open careerSavegame, look for the entry titled "money" and put in whatever value you want.

Bear in mind, if you have multiple saves, replace the "1" on savegame1 with the number of the save you are using the money for. In my case, I keep savegame1 as my testing profile for mod reviews, and then 2, 3, 4, etc. stay unedited for actual gameplay :)
Faelandaea Dravin
Acknowledged as THE friendliest individual on the internet throughout all of gaming history.
BumpmyStump

Post by BumpmyStump »

I personally dont like the money cheat where you can just click for 100k. I do however like the one for 15 where you could get more loan that you had to pay back. To me that was not really cheating as you had to pay it back or keep paying interest on it.. sorta like a real farm. I know where I live even average farms have 800 900k loans and it is common.
TopSoil

Post by TopSoil »

I abused the money thing by changing my game files, back in FS13. I also played on Easy at that time. What I personally found was that I got bored within an evening. There was little to work for anymore. No goals. No sense of achievement.

So I stopped doing it, and play through for content now since FS15. What I DO do, is have a savegame (#6 or something, off the main first page) where I have a lot of cash to test drive vehicles before I buy them. I figure before I spent 120,000 bucks on something in a store in real life, I'd know for sure whether it attached to my tractor, and whether it worked with whatever other tipper/implement I wanted - and they'd probably let me fire it up and drive it a few minutes.

The game is very moddable, and very open to individual players playing however they want. Some folks like the money cheat - that's fine too for them :)
Cajunwolf

Post by Cajunwolf »

Faelandaea wrote:Well I use money cheats for my review and testing profile. It allows me to buy anything as I download it to test it in a safe environment before deciding if I want to use it on my actual profile. So there are situations where doing money stuff is good.

As for the OP ... not sure how you do it on a console, but if you are a PC user, simply go to your save game location, which is in DOCUMENTS\My Games\FarmingSimulator2017\savegame1 and open careerSavegame, look for the entry titled "money" and put in whatever value you want.

Bear in mind, if you have multiple saves, replace the "1" on savegame1 with the number of the save you are using the money for. In my case, I keep savegame1 as my testing profile for mod reviews, and then 2, 3, 4, etc. stay unedited for actual gameplay :)
Yesa I do the same thing to test different tractors, harvesters, what not, but on my main games I keep it totally legit because working hard to achieve goals is a lot more rewarding than cheating,

TopSoil .. "I abused the money thing by changing my game files, back in FS13. I also played on Easy at that time. What I personally found was that I got bored within an evening. There was little to work for anymore. No goals. No sense of achievement."

Exactly!!!

One last thing, and I'm off to more productive threads, this one is depressing.

I can't for the life of me understand why so many people cannot understand the economics behind the train, and seem to think it was dropped in as an after thought. Big clue, economics of scale, look it up in any basic economics book. I store almost all of my harvest in the Transportation Hub silos (train hub), and once I have enough timber, grain, sugar beets, and what ever else I have ready at the time, I load out the train. Now you you run around to the different stops, dropping off huge volumes of produce and collecting big bucks. My last train run at around 2:00 am this morning netted me just south of $300,000. I had both timber cars full, and Wheat and sugar beets full. It goes like this, 3 cents profit one 100 sales is $3 measly bucks, right., Now what's 3 cents profit on 1,000,000 sales? See what I mean, economics of scale. It's why Walmart can out low price all their competition.
Faelandaea

Post by Faelandaea »

It'll just take some getting used to.

Basically what happened was this ... Giants gave us new features, but NO tutorials on how to use those features. They still stuck with the very very basic "Okay, here is A-S-W-D-... move with those ... okay this is a sell point, you sell here."

Flight simulator had it right. They had different tutorials for different things. First you learned the basics, then you played the simulator for however long until you got that down pat, then you opened the tutorials and went to the next level. If I were Giants, I'd do something similar:
  • Here, let's show you how to move around and interact with vehicles.
  • GREAT! Now let's get you started doing crops. Here's the different crops and how to work them. First we'll show you 1-step fields with no plowing needed to get you started. In a later lesson we'll show you more advanced levels of crop farming using the 3-step fertilizer system and plowing bonuses.
  • Comfortable with crops? Good! Let's get you going on advanced crop farming (explains 3-step fertilizer, methods to do so, and the plowing requirement option).
  • Now you are a crop farmer! But there's more to farming ... LIVESTOCK! Let's get you started with sheep for now and show you how to take care of them.
  • Good with the sheep? Sweet. let's get you going on pigs ...
  • Now that you have sheep and pigs down, cows should be no problem. You already have the other feed basics down, so here we'll show you how to mix Power Food for those cows.
  • You've done it! You are definitely a farmer, now. Have you thought of taking it a step further and trying your hand at forestry? Here's how ...
Unfortunately, getting such a great system out of the box is absolutely out of the question. We have to settle for waiting for the guys who have WAY more time to spend than others do (I work for a living so I can;t sit in a dark basement all day playing games while waiting for mommy dearest to bring me a plate of food) to figure it out, then post it on YouTube. Gods i wish i could make a living doing that ... anyway, for the rest of us, we have to take the game in learning trickles while waiting for other kind souls to show us how with those YouTube streams.

By the way ... I want to make it clear that i am not bashing all the streamers. I have a very high respect for the successful ones that make a living doing this stuff. My comparison above is a colorful way of trying to tell Giants that they actually have casual gamers playing this game, also, and not all of their player base is hardcore and able to figure everything out 5 minutes into the game.
Faelandaea Dravin
Acknowledged as THE friendliest individual on the internet throughout all of gaming history.
richief66

Post by richief66 »

no one is bashing no one here. suppose you BUY all the fields and everything in the game. then what- play in the dirt like kids with your NEW toys? you will be bored in a matter of hours, cause why work right? you got zillions of dollars and NO Sense. atta boy! you just ruined the game. I am not for cheating or against cheating (you play your game- ill play mine) but consider this: once I received my FS17, I started 2 saved game files (take a lesson form FS15) on #2 I SOLD Everything! even edited my money to a zero balance. went to field 19 and started working on the field for the farmer who owns it. as I did? I noticed none of the slurry, seed, or fertilizer was not depleting, nor did I have to own anything! still I made plenty of money to buy the field. working fields 16 and 19 taught me lessons on effective farming and how its to be done. then decided to hunt for the gold nuggets in about 2 hr's time (maybe less) I had a Million dollars for my efforts. I wont waste my time editing money into my games No More, not when I can make money working missions @Faelandaea I agree 100% with you - but hit the esc button to bring up info screen, scroll all the way to the right, there are tutorials on farming everything. I am only trying to figure this out myself and tips from other farmers. I chose and vowed to self, I Wasn't going to play FS17 as if I were playing FS15- so in my mind I would move on and grow, and learn effective farming in FS17 @Cajunwolf - right on man, about the train and how economic it is. that's exactly what im going to do today on my farm soon as I can pull away from this forum (lol)
Faelandaea

Post by Faelandaea »

richief66 wrote:suppose you BUY all the fields and everything in the game. then what- play in the dirt like kids with your NEW toys?
Actually I do sandbox quite a bit to do reviews. Even playing my regular profiles gets boring after a while, but I am one of those people that literally finds TONS of joy in experiencing new things every day. On any given day, and this goes with a lot of games I have installed that are mod-community driven, I will end up deleting 5-10 mods, download more mods, and check them out, and if they are worthy, I do a review on them :)

Now if only I could figure out WHY ... oh WHY ... does OBS not want to record FS17. I haven't been able to record a single review yet. FS15 records just fine but OBS just shows my game as a black screen. Gah.

Annnnd ... now I've successfully rambled off topic. My apologies.
richief66 wrote:@Faelandaea I agree 100% with you - but hit the esc button to bring up info screen, scroll all the way to the right, there are tutorials on farming everything. I am only trying to figure this out myself and tips from other farmers. I chose and vowed to self, I Wasn't going to play FS17 as if I were playing FS15- so in my mind I would move on and grow, and learn effective farming in FS17
Yeah I found the help area, and it does help beyond the basic tutorial, but still nothing in there gets specific about how to accomplish some major things in the game. BUT at least that section is a step up from what they gave us for FS15. :)
Faelandaea Dravin
uofmtigertim

Post by uofmtigertim »

This is my approach to FS17.

1. Start game on hard mode.
2. Sell all starting equipment.
3. Sell all placeable buildings.
4. Save game.
5.Edit xml to give myself $10 million. (wont need that much)
6. Load game.
7. Buy the placeable buildings I want and place them were I want them.
8. Buy minimal starting equipment (I bought the old stuff, could have kept the originally starting equipment really)
9. Buy a few extra items to get me started with cows. ( cow trailer, water tanker, forage wagon )
10. Save game.
11. Edit xml to give myself $2 thousand.
12. Begin my game.

Is this cheating? YES
Is my game still going to be a challenge? YES

To each his own. Some people just like playing in a sandbox and I am thankful that Giants gave people that option.