TVTOF

girlie100

Re: TVTOF

Post by girlie100 »

Patrick73 wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 12:01 pm
Pict wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 11:21 am I downloaded this yesterday even although I couldn't use it in FS17 without hours in the editor in an effort to optimize it as the frame rates were unplayable.

I'm happy to say that after a quick look the FS19 version seems to be working well from the frame rate pov and after a quick look in the editor to do my usual trash delete before really having a go with any map, I can say it appears to be well optimized.

Now most of the junk (and there was more than plenty), is gone I'm going to keep this one for a longer look, the only keeper so far from everything I've downloaded from BSM.

I hope they get around to making it seasons, maize (all 3) and straw harvest compatible. That would push it well up in the current ranking *thumbsup*
Why is it not straw harvest compatible? You can store pelllets in the silo so I don’t understand what you mean?
Meaning being able to run all the Maize Plus extensions, seasons and straw harvest.

The map as is does not have the height type allowance to run them all, but it takes about 10 mins to edit the map to increase the height types
PC & Xbox One
Rico1978

Post by Rico1978 »

it is seasons ready
girlie100

Post by girlie100 »

FarmCatJenkins wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 12:05 pm Wait this map isn't Seasons ready? Man I was planning on playing it tonight
there is a seasons mask, all the trees change but there are no other foliage texture changes that I can see
PC & Xbox One
pumpkinpatch

Post by pumpkinpatch »

I absolutely love BSM's maps. But they seem to derive some sick pleasure from making the AI traffic difficult to deal with. In the Old Stream, it was that intersection after leaving the farm, where the AI intentionally ignores your right of way. In Campaign of France, there is that narrow bridge where you're supposed to have the right of way going south, but the AI traffic going north always forces you to back up. So I'm curious to see what silly traffic situations they've come up with for this map. :wink3:
Honkyfarmer

Post by Honkyfarmer »

I love the diversity in the terrain but mostly that slot count peaked my curiosity. The map seems huge and diverse but the starting slots are like a third of Lone oak
Pict

Post by Pict »

Patrick73 wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 12:01 pm
Pict wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 11:21 am I hope they get around to making it seasons, maize (all 3) and straw harvest compatible. That would push it well up in the current ranking *thumbsup*
Why is it not straw harvest compatible? You can store pelllets in the silo so I don’t understand what you mean?
Any map will be straw harvest compatible, if your only looking for that and that alone.

If however, you want to make it (and I quote myself here) "seasons, maize (all 3) and straw harvest compatible" then that is a different story and requires that the height map among other things is modified. Largely due to the extra number of "tip on ground" items involved.
Pict

Post by Pict »

FarmCatJenkins wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 12:05 pm Wait this map isn't Seasons ready? Man I was planning on playing it tonight
I looked in the .zip and there are no seasons files at all. That's not to say seasons won't work with it, just not to the full extent I suppose. Someone may well know better.

Their Old Stream Farm wasn't seasons ready on first release, so it's possible they intend to put out an update.
Honkyfarmer wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 8:58 pm I love the diversity in the terrain but mostly that slot count peaked my curiosity. The map seems huge and diverse but the starting slots are like a third of Lone oak
Yeah, it's real Unimog country *thumbsup*

I don't know about "slot counts" but the .zip file is really light for a map at only 165megs when maps usually go well over 500megs with some going over 1gb.
Honkyfarmer

Post by Honkyfarmer »

Pict wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 9:49 pm
I looked in the .zip and there are no seasons files at all. That's not to say seasons won't work with it, just not to the full extent I suppose. Someone may well know better.

Their Old Stream Farm wasn't seasons ready on first release, so it's possible they intend to put out an update.
Honkyfarmer wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 8:58 pm I love the diversity in the terrain but mostly that slot count peaked my curiosity. The map seems huge and diverse but the starting slots are like a third of Lone oak
Yeah, it's real Unimog country *thumbsup*

I don't know about "slot counts" but the .zip file is really light for a map at only 165megs when maps usually go well over 500megs with some going over 1gb.
That's what I was thinking. I usually prefer American maps but there are so many cool mods along with the unique farm layout that you can seem to go any direction on this map and have a good time making money in any way,shape, or form. I only scouted out the map quick last night late but was excited by all the unique possibilities. Small time farming/logging up to Bourgault farming/ big time logging operation. It looks European mostly from the buildings and road signs but everything else could pass for a spot somewhere along the northeast US
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

Black Sheep Moddings obsession with combining multiple fields onto one piece of land, starting you off with almost nothing for fields, and giving you that bison harvester make this map a no go for me, but then again I didn't like it in 17 either.
At least the fixed that unearthly big hill by the main farm.
Let's get some cows!
FS17 a few hundred hours on pc, 920 ps4
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
FS 22 [ps5] 1070 hrs [pc] 60 hrs
CrashhawkCE

Post by CrashhawkCE »

The map is seasons compatible. There isn't a requirement for map makers to make their maps Straw Harvest compatible.
XB1 - Streaming daily on Twitch!
https://twitch.tv/CrashHawkCE

J & M Farms, Illinois
CJ Farms, On the Welsh Marches, Shropshire, UK
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

A little controversial but I don’t like it, the map borders look awful and it put me off straight away and one tiny starting field makes it impossible to do anything without a massive loan or cheating money. I might download the fs17 version just check how it looked....I’m sure it was better than this version
eric21

Post by eric21 »

CowsGoMoo wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 12:40 am Black Sheep Moddings obsession with combining multiple fields onto one piece of land, starting you off with almost nothing for fields, and giving you that bison harvester make this map a no go for me, but then again I didn't like it in 17 either.
At least the fixed that unearthly big hill by the main farm.
That's how it is in parts of europe, fields in fields
1992Tadej1992

Post by 1992Tadej1992 »

Patrick73 wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 9:18 am A little controversial but I don’t like it, the map borders look awful and it put me off straight away and one tiny starting field makes it impossible to do anything without a massive loan or cheating money. I might download the fs17 version just check how it looked....I’m sure it was better than this version
Blame the giants, not the modders.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Actually some modders can hide the border areas reallly well, Lone oak for example. But I dont understand, you were calling maps average
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

Patrick73 wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 9:18 am A little controversial but I don’t like it, the map borders look awful and it put me off straight away and one tiny starting field makes it impossible to do anything without a massive loan or cheating money. I might download the fs17 version just check how it looked....I’m sure it was better than this version
I'd agree about the borders, that was enough for me not to download it.