NO MAN'S LAND!!!

ALiEN JiM

Re: NO MAN'S LAND!!!

Post by ALiEN JiM »

Thank you all for the kind words you all have given for this map :)
YRII

Post by YRII »

MAP *thumbsup*
Timothy1176

Post by Timothy1176 »

StoneTheCrows wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 2:32 pm This map is now on ModHub across all platforms.

I might try it, but I'm worried about forestry glitches. How is it working out?
The forestry glitches are alot less with the straight spruce and pine you find on this map..im using the scorpion king and the chainsaw currently and have only glitched a few times and the scorpion kept ahold of the tree so i just dragged it to the biomass heating plant and sold the tree while it was in my clutches...saves a lot of headache...but overall this map makes forestry rewarding and fun despite there being no mill...its still profitable to just drag trees to the biomass plant and sell
Timothy1176

Post by Timothy1176 »

This map is currently (in my opinion) the best map available for FS22...the amount of customization and options when building and expanding your farm allow you truly fell like this farm is yours and to be invested in it to a greater degree than any other map. ALiEN JiM THANK YOU TONS!!!! please make more of these types of maps....you are a genius and help to add depth and detail to our farms
Etcher

Post by Etcher »

ALiEN JiM wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 1:35 am
Etcher wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 10:44 pm I tried this map. Starting from scratch. I thought - greenhouses! Get a couple to bring in early regular money, there’s a pond just by the farm. But you can’t take water from it! And there seems to be no other water on the map 🤨
The water trigger option limits the landscaping depth so i left it out, but now i have put it back in since you all wanted that option and will be available in the upcoming update, for now you can ether use a water tower of get water form the farm shop.
Great, I’ll look out for the update then. 👍
chale8

Post by chale8 »

ALiEN JiM wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 1:35 am
Etcher wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 10:44 pm I tried this map. Starting from scratch. I thought - greenhouses! Get a couple to bring in early regular money, there’s a pond just by the farm. But you can’t take water from it! And there seems to be no other water on the map 🤨
The water trigger option limits the landscaping depth so i left it out, but now i have put it back in since you all wanted that option and will be available in the upcoming update, for now you can ether use a water tower of get water form the farm shop.
This is great news, thanks Jim. :)
johnj

Post by johnj »

yay update there already! Thanks AlienJim
ctb123

Post by ctb123 »

johnj wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:00 pm yay update there already! Thanks AlienJim
Thanks to Giants as well for reviewing and pushing the NML update out so quickly!
ALiEN JiM

Post by ALiEN JiM »

ctb123 wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:59 pm
johnj wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:00 pm yay update there already! Thanks AlienJim
Thanks to Giants as well for reviewing and pushing the NML update out so quickly!
Yes always thanks to Giants for at lest making all this possible :biggrin2:
Mr.Smoke

Post by Mr.Smoke »

Not sure if anyone else has noticed or encountered an issue with field stones here in NML but I certainly was. Plowing would bring up large stones and Alien Jim informed me it wasn't an intentional "feature" of the map. After a good amount of testing and reporting my findings to the Alien in hopes of resolving it I finally managed to get them functioning as they do for the default maps.

I have let Jim know what I did to correct the issue and hopefully he can replicate my fix and get an update released so everyone else can enjoy NML with properly functioning field stones.
GothicKing13

Post by GothicKing13 »

Awe, the larger stones wasn't intentional after all? I kind of liked having the larger stones with the plow and smaller ones with cultivation. But, if it's indeed a bug... it's better to be fixed. :hi:
GOTHICKING13 With every deed, you are sowing a seed. Though the harvest, you may not see.
ALiEN JiM

Post by ALiEN JiM »

Mr.Smoke wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 7:29 am Not sure if anyone else has noticed or encountered an issue with field stones here in NML but I certainly was. Plowing would bring up large stones and Alien Jim informed me it wasn't an intentional "feature" of the map. After a good amount of testing and reporting my findings to the Alien in hopes of resolving it I finally managed to get them functioning as they do for the default maps.

I have let Jim know what I did to correct the issue and hopefully he can replicate my fix and get an update released so everyone else can enjoy NML with properly functioning field stones.
Really Smoke really after I told you what file to change you want to claim all the credit tut lmao
johnlinden

Post by johnlinden »

Proper call out Jim, and I mentioned it before, but thank you, and a Merry Christmas.
Mr.Smoke

Post by Mr.Smoke »

ALiEN JiM wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 3:45 pm Really Smoke really after I told you what file to change you want to claim all the credit tut lmao
After reading over my previous post, it could be easily seen that way but was not at all my intent. I think it's fair to say it was a joint effort in pinpointing the culprit. Tackling the issue completely on my own, I doubt I would have got it working. The vast majority of the credit belongs to you without a doubt.
ALiEN JiM

Post by ALiEN JiM »

Mr.Smoke wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 7:43 pm
ALiEN JiM wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 3:45 pm Really Smoke really after I told you what file to change you want to claim all the credit tut lmao
After reading over my previous post, it could be easily seen that way but was not at all my intent. I think it's fair to say it was a joint effort in pinpointing the culprit. Tackling the issue completely on my own, I doubt I would have got it working. The vast majority of the credit belongs to you without a doubt.
I will admit that the testing you done for me was very helpful, I do appreciate your time gave It.