Unable to get a nitrogen reading

Rasping rabbit

Re: Unable to get a nitrogen reading

Post by Rasping rabbit »

Vanquis081 wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 11:20 am There really is a problem (at least) in Precision Farming... Clearly the automatic application does not work as it applies the maximum nitrogen when this value is not optimal.

It looks to me in both those pictures that it is applying 60kg on top of what was already in the field which is a standard amount. Also it’s hard to tell from the pictures but have you seeded them?
Vanquis081

Post by Vanquis081 »

Rasping rabbit wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 12:28 pm
Vanquis081 wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 11:20 am There really is a problem (at least) in Precision Farming... Clearly the automatic application does not work as it applies the maximum nitrogen when this value is not optimal.

It looks to me in both those pictures that it is applying 60kg on top of what was already in the field which is a standard amount. Also it’s hard to tell from the pictures but have you seeded them?
Click on image for open in new tab.

After planting
Vanquish81
PC: - i7 9700k / RTX 2070 Super / G.Skill 32 Gb ram / MSI Z390-A PRO - :PC
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

I’m still not understanding really. Also in the image I can’t see where it says it is seeded and with what product, but then I also can’t read what it says as it’s not in English. What it looks to me is the little flag you have circled is showing the target amount. It also shows the current (actual) amount, and how much it is applying which is set at 60kg as I believe slurry and manure apply a set amount rather than variable.

I can’t see how it is adding too much nitrogen as the current figure plus the 60kg it is applying isn’t over the target amount anyway. The amount does change depending on what you have planted and what kind of soil you have it planted in so it would depend on those two things. When you go into the field on foot does it say it has applied too much on the field info panel?
WrenchingWolf

Post by WrenchingWolf »

The issue I'm having here is the nitrogen maps just completely stop existing after harvest. I have two fields, one was soybeans and the other Corn, both lost their nitrogen info after harvest. I re-tested the soil, and sold off and re-purchased one field, both still lost their info. When I try spreading fertilizer, regardless of what method, the spreader will say it wants to run whatever rate it needs to get from 0 to the desired level, but then runs an actual rate of 0. On the map, the fields don't show any nitrogen level. The data is blank as is I don't even own them.
harryplaysfs

Post by harryplaysfs »

mark68 wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 11:26 am when you start your game uncheck precision farming, then save your game and quit, restart your game and recheck precision farming
This didn’t work for me! :confusednew:
Tut

Post by Tut »

harryplaysfs wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 7:41 pm
mark68 wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 11:26 am when you start your game uncheck precision farming, then save your game and quit, restart your game and recheck precision farming
This didn’t work for me! :confusednew:
Works for me. If your savegame folder still has any precisionFarming* files in it, then you didn’t do it right.
mark68

Post by mark68 »

giants knows of the issue i guess they dont want to fix it,
Zero76Gaming

Post by Zero76Gaming »

mark68 wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:36 am giants knows of the issue i guess they dont want to fix it,
Normally they wil fix it with an upcoming patch.
If something break with update 1.5 they will fix it with a next update. Unless it's game breaking then they release a hotfix. June 28th is update 1.6 so probably gonna be fixing a lot of issues. Give them time to fix it.