FS17 DLC

ninus17

Re: FS17 DLC

Post by ninus17 »

I would love to have pea's and ploeger pea harvesters I think it they are called epd 540 and 530 :)
playing on pc
Doobers2982

Post by Doobers2982 »

BigC92 wrote:
Doobers2982 wrote:maps... lol , base game came with 1!!!
It comes with 2 bud.
an old map doesn't count
X1 user and FS addict
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Doobers2982 wrote:
BigC92 wrote:
Doobers2982 wrote:maps... lol , base game came with 1!!!
It comes with 2 bud.
an old map doesn't count
Yes, yes it does. It dont matter if it old, new, 10 years old, its still ingame we still get to select a map.
Doobers2982

Post by Doobers2982 »

wrong. TO ME there's one NEW map. if i pay 74.99, i'll voice my opinion. if you count an old carryover, that's your choice...cheers
X1 user and FS addict
ArizonaSnow

Post by ArizonaSnow »

Cajunwolf wrote: A way to select between console play and PC play because the console thing is ruining the ability of modders, and future modders, or at the very least, seriously restricting it. You have years of hard work, and devotion by a huge community of modders form FS11, and on through FS15 being trashed, because we can no longer use scripts because console makers don't allow them. Well freaking duh! It the scripts that make the mods! This is not the fault of the majority of console player, they just want to be able to use mods, and they should, but realize that because the makers of said consoles don't want you to have mods, it's a real problem for us that want to mod. And it's mainly because it's too much trouble, and affects their bottom line. This would effect multiplayer, but then again, that can be worked out. Basically, if you want to play multiplayer, everything has to be the same in every bodies game, this is understandable. In Battlefield, that's how it was done, any alterations to original sanctioned maps and it want allow you to join, and no one had a problem with this. We also had servers that ran custom, and modified map, usually in COOP mode (humans with bots) where you turned off you punk buster and whatever else, and had a freaking blast!! All your maps still had to be the same, but with Battlefield 1942, and Battlefield Vietnam, we could run server side mods to where all that had to be the on your maps were the static objects, everything else was changed on the server copy.
Just because consoles can't have scripts in mods doesn't mean that mods will be made from now on without scripts. All it means is that consoles won't get the mods with scripts.

Plus this early on in this version of the games life you really don't know what is going to happen with mods until more start appearing. To me the restrictions are fairly hazy because of low amount of mods out there at the moment.
Cajunwolf

Post by Cajunwolf »

ArizonaSnow wrote:
Cajunwolf wrote: A way to select between console play and PC play because the console thing is ruining the ability of modders, and future modders, or at the very least, seriously restricting it. You have years of hard work, and devotion by a huge community of modders form FS11, and on through FS15 being trashed, because we can no longer use scripts because console makers don't allow them. Well freaking duh! It the scripts that make the mods! This is not the fault of the majority of console player, they just want to be able to use mods, and they should, but realize that because the makers of said consoles don't want you to have mods, it's a real problem for us that want to mod. And it's mainly because it's too much trouble, and affects their bottom line. This would effect multiplayer, but then again, that can be worked out. Basically, if you want to play multiplayer, everything has to be the same in every bodies game, this is understandable. In Battlefield, that's how it was done, any alterations to original sanctioned maps and it want allow you to join, and no one had a problem with this. We also had servers that ran custom, and modified map, usually in COOP mode (humans with bots) where you turned off you punk buster and whatever else, and had a freaking blast!! All your maps still had to be the same, but with Battlefield 1942, and Battlefield Vietnam, we could run server side mods to where all that had to be the on your maps were the static objects, everything else was changed on the server copy.
Just because consoles can't have scripts in mods doesn't mean that mods will be made from now on without scripts. All it means is that consoles won't get the mods with scripts.

Plus this early on in this version of the games life you really don't know what is going to happen with mods until more start appearing. To me the restrictions are fairly hazy because of low amount of mods out there at the moment.
Point taken Arizona, but I'm in the process of converting some of my favorite, don't want to do without mods from FS15 at the moment, along with several of my maps I would like to convert, and this new situation with mods and consoles is making almost impossible to do. Another thing, almost all mods use scripts, the item_name.lua for one, and it's the scripts that's make the mods, see my problem? Why don't they make a version with mods for consoles, and leave the version for PC's alone. That would be more fair instead of ruining it for the PC gamers - modders just to accommodate limited mods on consoles? You can't create mods on a console, but you can on a PC, so where do all the mods come form?
sebasfarmer1990

Post by sebasfarmer1990 »

so the console versions arent getting any mods like new maps etc, now im not well-known with modding etc so i dont know how it works and stuff but how does the modding system works exactly on the consoles?
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Theres a dev blog that talks about all of that? Yes we will get maps
sebasfarmer1990

eric21 wrote:Theres a dev blog that talks about all of that? Yes we will get maps
where can i find this blog? im really interesting in this
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Check the facebook page or go on the first images/information thread
sebasfarmer1990

eric21 wrote:Check the facebook page or go on the first images/information thread
i will check it out :D thanks
Faelandaea

Post by Faelandaea »

Doobers2982 wrote:wrong. TO ME there's one NEW map. if i pay 74.99, i'll voice my opinion. if you count an old carryover, that's your choice...cheers
Okay ... said this before in other threads and will say it here ... no one plays default maps anyway. No one that is sane anyway. You paid for a game that you knew was supported by a modding community. We get a sandbox and then you install the items you want to play ... and all those extra items are free by the other modders. There are LOTS of maps already out there for FS17 to check out and try. I've installed 4 or 5 maps already and only one has disappointed me so far. Just log onto mod hub and grab the maps you want.

And before someone cuts in with that console BS ... wrong ... EVERYTHING available for the PC is available for console with the exception of the heavily scripted mods such as courseplay or GPS as an example. All currently available maps for download are available to console as well.
Faelandaea Dravin
Acknowledged as THE friendliest individual on the internet throughout all of gaming history.
Doobers2982

Post by Doobers2982 »

Faelandaea wrote:
Doobers2982 wrote:wrong. TO ME there's one NEW map. if i pay 74.99, i'll voice my opinion. if you count an old carryover, that's your choice...cheers
Okay ... said this before in other threads and will say it here ... no one plays default maps anyway. No one that is sane anyway. You paid for a game that you knew was supported by a modding community. We get a sandbox and then you install the items you want to play ... and all those extra items are free by the other modders. There are LOTS of maps already out there for FS17 to check out and try. I've installed 4 or 5 maps already and only one has disappointed me so far. Just log onto mod hub and grab the maps you want.

And before someone cuts in with that console BS ... wrong ... EVERYTHING available for the PC is available for console with the exception of the heavily scripted mods such as courseplay or GPS as an example. All currently available maps for download are available to console as well.
i don't see any additional maps for xb1 in mod hub, you're saying eventually?
X1 user and FS addict
blemoine

Post by blemoine »

i would like an easy edit function for maps. for example give us a fairly blank map and you edit it by putting or moving placeable objects on the map.
My PC specs:
AMD FX 8350 4.0 GHZ
MSI 970 Gaming Motherboard
NVidia GTX 1060 6GB
Corsair 1000w ATX
16GB Ram
3TB 7200 Western Digital
Win 10 Pro 64-Bit
Samsung 4K 55inch TV
muzickmage

Post by muzickmage »

Faelandaea wrote:

If you're going to use that logic... I suppose we could also suggest that modders do a very good job at making vehicles and adding more animals to the map, in addition to a long list of many other ideas. So maybe Giants should simply provide us with a blank map and some empty slots to mod things into.... and call it a day.

(IMO) Game developers have become quite comfortable with the fact there is a modding community to do their work for them. They design a half finished game knowing very well the modding community will finish building/selling the game for them.

The attitude a few have about the game being sold to us with 1 map is (again, IMO) half correct. It has 2 maps yes.... one new map, and the second.... Giants sold to us twice. Some of us paid for Sosnovka when we purchased the Gold Edition package. Now... after purchasing FS17, in it's entirity, counting all parts of the whole as being a variable of the full price tag... I noticed that I paid for Sosnovka AGAIN.

We can fairly expect to pay again for the same tractors. The same wheat fields, the same chickens. Even the same lack of weather system. But we don't fairly expect to pay money to buy the same maps again... not in a game that offered the asset of different maps per game edition.

I see this type of marketing as being a prime example of a “company's arrogance” and “abuse” of the modding community... who also in my opinion, are not responsible for designing the game at the company's benefit.

My comments here are not against “you” .. but (to clarify) they are in opposition to your comments. As I see your comments as being a sense of permission granted to the company for the way they do business. A sense of acceptance... that offers Giants the justification to continue providing us poor services in return for money paid because... there's a modding community to clean up the mess for them.

As I said before, the modding community is for “enhancing the game”, not for “repairing it”. And most certainly the modding community isn't responsible for designing the game.